Losi 5t 2.0 wrap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdw402

I was thinking of getting a wrap for my losi 5t 2.0 but wondered do they completely cover the existing paint or do you need to start with a freshly painted shell?

I was thinking of getting a wrap for my losi 5t 2.0 but wondered do they completely cover the existing paint or do you need to start with a freshly painted shell?
Mine is a heavy vinyl. The car body is blacl plastic. It's from Darkside Studio.

Attachments

• PXL_20210828_163204166.jpg
    PXL_20210828_163204166.jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20210828_163037910.jpg
    PXL_20210828_163037910.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 30
👆. The black body he is referring to is a 30 degree north body which is available to purchase seperate from the truck and is well worth the money. No the wrap will not entirely cover the existing paint.. Kill 2 birds with one stone and buy the 30dnt body and get a wrap for it and you'll be set for a long time... also I purchased my wrap off ebay and it was great, read a few wrap threads here and get better ideas on how to go about it right the first time. I suggest you use 3m primer 94 which is an adhesion promoter otherwise the time applying the wrap will be wasted as it will lift eventually. @blackrain found a website that will create a wrap in the design you want but I can't remember the site and hopefully he chimes in

Last edited:
All wraps have about a 3mm+ gap between each panel piece. They can't be made to wrap around tight curves, they just wouldn't stick for starters

The idea really is to pick a wrap you like, and paint the stock bodyshell a colour that will match/tie in with the wrap design. The 30n body panels only come in blue, black, red, white. Be cautious of the "red" one though. I believe the is an actual red colour, but they're usually more of a pink colour than red. Best to ask the seller for pics of their supposed "red" panels ;)

Here's my 5iveT body (hybrid) with black 30n panels and the Ken Block Jungle wrap from Joker Designs

Attachments

• 20211101_142833.jpg
    20211101_142833.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 48
All wraps have about a 3mm+ gap between each panel piece. They can't be made to wrap around tight curves, they just wouldn't stick for starters

The idea really is to pick a wrap you like, and paint the stock bodyshell a colour that will match/tie in with the wrap design. The 30n body panels only come in blue, black, red, white. Be cautious of the "red" one though. I believe the is an actual red colour, but they're usually more of a pink colour than red. Best to ask the seller for pics of their supposed "red" panels ;)

Here's my 5iveT body (hybrid) with black 30n panels and the Ken Block Jungle wrap from Joker Designs
Very nice!

Who makes that wing???

Those look really nice, prefer that over the jokerdesign stuff personally. Looks more like competetion cars.
Ya I completely agree…I mean the graphics are good but he doesn’t have anything that I really like…I had to send him my Kraken tsk-b panels because mine is the V2 and he wanted to make templates so he offers both now

Ya I completely agree…I mean the graphics are good but he doesn’t have anything that I really like…I had to send him my Kraken tsk-b panels because mine is the V2 and he wanted to make templates so he offers both now
Do you have a link to Just signs and designs on Ebay? Can't seem to find it. Only managed to find "justaracer" that sells Losi wraps that look decent?

Edit: Neeeeevermind saw his store logo image says Just signs and designs :)

Do you have a link to Just signs and designs on Ebay? Can't seem to find it. Only managed to find "justaracer" that sells Losi wraps that look decent?

Edit: Neeeeevermind saw his store logo image says Just signs and designs :)
If you want a number or if it has one u can choose what you want …good thick wraps for a good price…I have 30 north panels and wrap fit perfectly…might have to cut slits in a couple spots so it’ll adhere good but I’m very satisfied with my purchases

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks