Losi DBXL Battery upgrade

Thread starter #1
The stock battery is way to small. Anyone upgrade their battery and if so what did you go with.

Killer RC

LSF vendor
We have a taller battery box lid in the works, so that you can fit our 6000 or 7200mAh 7.4v LiPos in the DBXL.

Killer RC

LSF vendor
Taller battery box and radio box lids coming in late April. You can fit up to a 7200mAh 7.4v Killer RC LiPo in there now. Plus more room for wiring, Super Bee kill switch, and other doodads.

w3u0.jpg

n1ux.jpg

Last edited:

Evo

All I can fit now is a crappy 2000mAh lipo but I forgot about it and it over discharged and got puffed. I'm trying to locate a liFe battery that has good mAh and will fit. My only consern is the 6.6v compared to the 7.4 of a lipo.

Killer RC

LSF vendor
I'd get one of our 6000 or 7200mAh LiPos and just strap it in there with zip ties until we come out with the taller battery box lid.

You said you left the battery power on. Did you not have a Super Bee kill switch with buzzer? It sounds the buzzer when you turn off the transmitter power, or when the battery gets low. You would have heard the buzzer and it would have reminded you to turn off the rx power.

shayno

To be honest, after 50+ minutes of run time I'm done. So replacing the battery the next day is no biggie, as see what I broke anyway!

SoCalMX

Ok KillerRC, getting ready to purchase your 7200mah for the DBXL & zip tie it in until I can get ahold of your cover. Question is, will it be plug & play or will I need to wire in some kind of regulator or other?