Losi DBXL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's strange, to be honest it looks like the whole steering assembly is upside down. That nut on the double arm should be at the bottom toward the chassis not the top. That Ackerman link should be above the center dogbone not under it.
Was gonna say the whole steering setup comes pre assembled, but going by the diagram looked right to me.
It goes under the drive shaft like it is.
Get an flm front drive shaft, I'm actually surprised you haven't killed the ujoint style one yet. I killed tons of then till the flm shafts came out. I never did bother with the push pull steering arms, the dbxl light weight and a strong 1/5 servo always did me well.
Haven’t killed one yet because I haven’t ran it lol, got it as a beaten up non runner (can’t remember where I read it now, but isn’t clearance an even bigger issue with the flm shaft?). The original servo saver/ ackerman and the turnbuckles were pretty mangled loads of gouges so went for the fid. Would of thought someone here would of fitted one

It wasn't as bad as the stock joint. Actually the stock dog bone had the most clearance, but you fight to keep pins in them. The flm shafts were ok, not as bad at the u joint style not as good as the stock dog bone style. Some where there should be pictures on one of my old dbxl threads. I'm 80% sure I let it wear in and didn't have issues after that. Just a poor set up in general.

How can it be a dog bone, the uj attaches into the front diff. Check page 73 of the dbxl manual.View attachment 82825
Hi my friend, I checked. The part is developed based on DBXL-XL-E and 2.0 GAS. They are dogbones. You might need to sort it out in some other way.
Anyway this is our fault. We are going to compile detailed instructions about our add-ons and hop-ups, listing their compatibility and key dimensions.

After a lot of messing around, finally got this push pull system on and now working. Clearance is not great had to grind the pin brace down, and use a dremel on the turnbuckles as they’d hit the bulkhead. For £115, if mine wasn’t previously damaged would of kept that. Not worth the aggro for that kind of money.

Always thought it was weird when the car got delivered the rear wasn’t bolted down. Anyway got the rear rebuilt all together go to bolt it and 3 out 4 bolts on the bulkhead are stripped. Ordered a m5 helicoil kit and hopefully get an insert in there.

On the bright side front end is pretty much done just need to get a servo and hook it onto the links.
0CB56E60-3898-4E15-B089-07D3302C4327.jpegEE442642-AA86-4AB0-9960-D90BAEAB7E7B.jpegA0DC8A71-AB38-4204-BD01-C491366204CE.jpeg

After a lot of messing around, finally got this push pull system on and now working. Clearance is not great had to grind the pin brace down, and use a dremel on the turnbuckles as they’d hit the bulkhead. For £115, if mine wasn’t previously damaged would of kept that. Not worth the aggro for that kind of money.

Always thought it was weird when the car got delivered the rear wasn’t bolted down. Anyway got the rear rebuilt all together go to bolt it and 3 out 4 bolts on the bulkhead are stripped. Ordered a m5 helicoil kit and hopefully get an insert in there.

On the bright side front end is pretty much done just need to get a servo and hook it onto the links.
View attachment 82929View attachment 82930View attachment 82931
I guess this should be a fulfilling process, especially when you solved it and did it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks