Losi dbxl diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LawsiDBXL

Just cracked open the rear diff and it seems like it has just enough in there to get the gears wet. Wondering how much fluid should be in the diff case and what fluid weight/fluid brand to use?

I'm going with 30,000 in the front and rear and 100,000 in the centre. Fill with oil to just barely over the cross pins. A stiffer centre will give better acceleration and still get diff action in the corners with the lighter end diffs

Ok awesome! Is 100k in center still safe for bashing? Or will I have to change driving style a lot?

Drive cups would quickly collect dirt with grease in them. It's a trade off between keeping them freshly greased then cleaned after use or just run them dry. I'm not sure the grease would make the dog bone shaft last much longer with all the dirt that would collect in the grease. I personally don't grease in there. Drive pin rebuild kits are available and are way cheaper than new shafts

Ok I gotcha. 2 of my dog bone boots got chewed up and was debating if I should get replacements or not

Well, on my DBXL, i am experiencing with greasing inside the drive shaft boots, and see the result. As i saw unusual wear an tear after like 12 tanks, i am running one side with grease in the wheel driveshaft cup with the boot over it, and the other side dry with the boot over...

I also ordered some types of CVD boots of all size to experiment with the front and rear CVD center driveshaft that has no boots, so i can grease them and cover them with a boot... we'll see..

Oh ya, I forgot there was boots!! Boots are new to me lol. Grease will definitely help as the boots are pretty tight around the out drive cups. What will also help is the "fenders" that are available for the rear control arms. Keeps the shock clear of mud too.

Yeah I'd like to get some mud flaps all around or something. I got the graphite mud guards for the rear but wishing there was something so water and snow wouldn't get into my filter

I got one on the filter. But I put a different filter on with a velocity stack and it's sticking out now. You think it'll be ok in muddy watery terrain?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks