Losi DBXL-E 1.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Master

Hi new to the forum and new to Losi but a bit of an old timer with Traxxas and HPI

Hope I am in the right forum

Just needed inputs from you everyone about this electric version, watchouts and preventive maintenance I need to do, my surrounding area is mostly sand (fine sand) actually and terrains are dunes and some pavement too long stretches of pavement for a good run.

Out of the box, I noticed the center front driveshaft and the rear driveshaft are wobbly are these a factory defect

I would recommend the truck from the sand as much as possible. For example a set of these would be a cheap way to protect your shocks.

Your going to need to boot the drivetrain first off. Make sure your motor is sealed up. Any sand that gets inside will be game over for it. Cooling fans will be a challenge as well. A dry type lubricant will be a good friend. Nothing sticky. Bearings may not last as long as well. Sand is real tough on stuff. Flm makes some great replacement shafts for this stuff. May want to get some paddles for it as well. Make sure you don't get your motor too hot. You know the normal e word stuff.

Thank you all for the valuable inputs, truly helpful and I will definitely do those socks on the shocks and seal off all the nooks and cranny, fine sand is a pain indeed it goes everywhere and I always dry clean my stuff never with water, just a healthy does of compressed air always

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks