Losi DBXL motor upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stock motor is 2 bolt 23cc?
Do you have pipe yet?

Just read your other ppst. DBXL is stock.
Zen G320 is good...but you are still gonna want a pipe.

You could get a head kit for your stock motor....bring it up to 29cc's. DDM has one on sale now.

The stock motor is 2 bolt 23cc?
Do you have pipe yet?

You could get a head kit for your stock motor....bring it up to 29cc's. DDM has one on sale now.

Thanks for the welcome guys. yep dbxl came stock with the 23 . It goes ok .still with stock pipe .have orderd a new pipe from ddm (dominator) should be here on Wednesday 3 rd. hopefully. What's this head kit and how hard will it be to install compared to installing a new motor also new to me ( installing new motor never done before) . My wife said why am I buying new pipe it's all ready got a pipe. And it's only a week old ( buggy dbxl) I said because it sounds better.

Thank you so much. it helps having someone to talk about this stuff

Will look for head upgrade now Thanks

Will look for head upgrade now Thanks

Here's a nice cylinder kit for you http://www.davesmotors.com/esp-earth-surfer-ported-modified-30-5cc-big-bore-combo-kit-4-hp.html it should make 4.3hp or more! Vs your stock cylinder makes 2hp so it's a good upgrade, now if you want to go further here's another motor, it's a long block, it makes 5.2 hp which is impressive for how small it is
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-ca...ks/prostock-g290rc-longblock-billet-case.html

Here's a nice cylinder kit for you http://www.davesmotors.com/esp-earth-surfer-ported-modified-30-5cc-big-bore-combo-kit-4-hp.html it should make 4.3hp or more! Vs your stock cylinder makes 2hp so it's a good upgrade, now if you want to go further here's another motor, it's a long block, it makes 5.2 hp which is impressive for how small it is
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-ca...ks/prostock-g290rc-longblock-billet-case.html

Thanks heaps so if it was your choice ( remember I'm not sure how to install either new motor or new head upgrade

Thanks heaps so if it was your choice ( remember I'm not sure how to install either new motor or new head upgrade
Head kits are kind of tricky cuz there is alot of small parts so if you can handle it, go for it, but I'd personally go for the obr long block becyase it makes more power ? but it's your choice just stating my opinion

Head kits are kind of tricky cuz there is alot of small parts so if you can handle it, go for it, but I'd personally go for the obr long block becyase it makes more power ? but it's your choice just stating my opinion
That obr motor looks good .am I going to need extra bits or just take it off the 23 cheers mate andy

That obr motor looks good .am I going to need extra bits or just take it off the 23 cheers mate andy
Just take it off from the 23,

If you get the obr, send photos, love those motor, also what oil you running for the engine? When you break in the new engine or head kit, for the VERY FIRST gallon of fuel make it a 24:1 gas/oil mixture and then for the rest of the engines life use 28:1, it will make your life much easier when it comes to tuning.

Thanks heaps mate. G'day again sorry to bother you. On the obr site when I went to order obr motor it said what clutch should I press there were 3 choices. 1st said no clutch. 2nd said cy cluch $25 3rd said zenith $25 so what should I do cheers andy

Sorry mate photos will be a month away just asked the wife she said not yet have already spent $1300 dbxl $ 250 new pipe dominator this fortnight. so that's where I'm at. Thanks for advice today Andy

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks