Losi dbxl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the DBXL is not actually made by Losi, and shares pretty much no parts with the 5ive, I don't think a 2 speed for the 5ive would fit on it. And since the spur gear is so close to the fuel tank, would take a lot of work to revamp everything to even get one to fit. :( Other wise, I probable put one on mine! lol

Since the DBXL is not actually made by Losi, and shares pretty much no parts with the 5ive, I don't think a 2 speed for the 5ive would fit on it. And since the spur gear is so close to the fuel tank, would take a lot of work to revamp everything to even get one to fit. :( Other wise, I probable put one on mine! lol

hello again thanks for the reply to bad for the 2 speed really think this thing would what gearing are you using I have a ddm 29.5cc engine with a jetpro pipe

I don't do street driving but from my limited experience with that type of tire I'd say the tires that come on 5ive would be good long warring and good grip if you can't find road tire for it

Yes there is it's a three pack it's $35 and largescalerc has them

Yep, I found it. Stock is a 20 and they have a 2 pack with a 19 and a 21.

Also looking for a good street tire since I do alot of asphalt driving any recommendations

Thinking I'll try the 21 with my HPI Tarmac Buster tires on it on the street. Need more gear to make up for the smaller Baja tire. Not sure the DGI center will like it much, but we'll see how much it binds, of if it will just spin the tires and be ok.

Just ran the math on the gearing and 1 tooth on the pinion either way of stock is about 5%. The stock DBXL tires are about 7.25" and the Baja B5 Tarmac Buster tires are about 6.5", so about 11% smaller. So even with up gearing the pinon, still about 6% less gear. But you'll have a lower c/g so should handle better, just not as much top speed.

Yea I agree this thing needs gearing im running obr 29.5 fm with bart pipe. Its screaming for more. I contacted few ppl and losi 5ive def don't fit dbxl.

I ran it last night on the Baja Tarmac Busters on road with stock gear and it did really well, But NEEDS more gear, even with a 21 pinion, it's gonna need more for sure! Someone needs to make some more ring gear options to go with these pinons. Or even a 2 speed trans would be nice. If I had some machine equipment, I'd see if I could build a center diff that would accommodate the 5ive center diff. Humm...

It is a great looker though.I have had Losi's for over 20 years and have always found their stuff remarkable.I'll do a bit of research into this.Might even buy one...ha ha.:lol::lol:
J

I agree nobody can nail in down for sure what the company is but 3 years ago there is a youtube video or the car being tested in another country outside the U.S.A. and most people speculated it was RCMK but I have never heard for sure that it was them but the losi DBXL is the same car that they was testing way back then.

So,if I was to buy one,what's the do's and don't's about these.What's the first upgrade?what to look out for?are they "really" RTR out of the box?
At the end of the day they look superb and would be another great basher for me ,so,are they any good ?
J

Outta the box the diffs need filled up. All 3. The fuel lines are most commonly reversed. Return is actually feed and feed is return. Switching at the carb is not a huge deal. The air filter is over oiled as well. Just wring it out and it should be good. There's debate on how the suspension handles jumps. Most nose dive according to most people. I've changed to thicker shock oil and it jumps fine, at the expense of poor cornering. Hard to keep it from oversteering everywhere. The stock servos are pretty much junk. They might be ok for bashing but for racing, forget it. Check all the screws for tightness. My steering post broke a screw off cuz it wasn't tight. These are big, heavy cars so just keep an eye on EVERYTHING before a bigger problem arises. Other than those things, they're a lot of fun.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks