losi desert buggy engine won't start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcflyer55

Out of the box it started on the 4th pull. ran it for 10 minutes, never above 1/3 throttle, put it away. Sat for 2 days now it won't start. Plug is sparking fine, it's getting fuel but won't start.

I'm running 25:1 Red line 97 octane Mobil.

I'm baffled. Any ideas? Hints? Suggestions?

I had trouble with mine getting flooded as it was new and the engine was still breaking in. Check the spark plug and see if it is wet with fuel

is it the over oiled air filter problem...?? take the filter off give it a damn good clean /wash and refit then try .. they were way over oiled from the factory and made early running near on impossible..

The plug is fine, not wet or fouled.

I'll try that filter idea. I remember reading that but I figured they solved the problem on the second batch of these.

Plug should be getting wet if the air filter is choking it out. You might have bad fuel line. That stock black stuff is trash. Get the larger clear tygon fuel line and the smaller return line replaced for $5 at small engine repair shop. Chainsaws use it a lot, you only need a foot of ea...

Sounds like it could be an air leak. Did you go over it and make sure everything was tight?
I know back when I first got my rtr Baja after one tank the exhaust and carb practically just fell off. No exaggeration either!
Learned a lesson really quick that day! Lol!
If yours ran good out of the box, could be that the screws on the carb just backed out. Worth a check anyway.

Good luck!

I agree with Amos(per above)check everything real good.Make sure all of your linkage is working smooth(not sticking-etc).Find out what your stock "H" and "L" needles should be at and start there.My stock DBXL setting were almost twice the stock setting just to get her to run good.Take your time and you'll get her run tops

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks