Losi Desert Buggy XL Air filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitts

Hi all, my first post since joining in 2007, must be some sort of record.

Has anyone managed to find an air filter other than standard that fits and works well without having to cut a hole in the side if the body?

I've been looking everywhere. Everyone has been saying to use the DBXL inner and a 5T outer with a outer wears. Cutting the body looks horrible.

I'm putting the new Turtle racing system on it, I'm running 2 of them in my 5ive,s it uses the baja filter or you can get it with the velocity stack setup for a dt1 the baja setup is the way to go, way more air intake surface, this is the first upgrade I've got in a while that made a huge difference, ie going from stock mill to OBR Reed case 30.5. Now give that mill more air with my Flow Systems pipe and papow. You'll see it soon, I'm putting one in the DBXL tomorrow

I'm putting the new Turtle racing system on it, I'm running 2 of them in my 5ive,s it uses the baja filter or you can get it with the velocity stack setup for a dt1 the baja setup is the way to go, way more air intake surface, this is the first upgrade I've got in a while that made a huge difference, ie going from stock mill to OBR Reed case 30.5. Now give that mill more air with my Flow Systems pipe and papow. You'll see it soon, I'm putting one in the DBXL tomorrow

Sounds like a nice idea CustomCVP.com, would be good to see some pictures of the layout. thanks for your help.

Hi all, my first post since joining in 2007, must be some sort of record.

Has anyone managed to find an air filter other than standard that fits and works well without having to cut a hole in the side if the body?

Just installed DDM billet 2 stage air cleaner with plenty of room

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 75
Losi DBXL Air Filter

OK, thanks for the suggestions, I am running with the standard inner filter with a RN Tuning dust cover at the moment and is running fine. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks