Losi SBR servo replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoviman

Hello our there! I’d like to know if anyone has found a better steering servo than the Spektrum S904 for their Losi SBR?

Hello our there! I’d like to know if anyone has found a better steering servo than the Spektrum S904 for their Losi SBR?
Well I did my own research. Someone please let me know what you think. Here’s what I’m gonna get. Savox SW-0241mg. Did I make a wise choice?

This is my first large scale truck. I have seven 1/10 scale rides of different styles and have a Savox in each. Never experienced any problems with them. I bet it’ll do the trick!

The Spektrum S904 that comes on the SBR is 1/6 scale. It’s plenty powerful torque wise but there’s something cheesy about it that I cannot put my finger on! Before I actually replace it I’ll do my homework as far as dimensions go!

what scale servo does the sbr take? I think I remember reading that you may need to trim the housing to fit a 1/5 servo??
It comes with a 1/6 scale servo. I believe you are correct jimbo 1. You do have to “modify” a 1/5 scale servo to make it fit properly.

Do companies sell aftermarket servo mounts or do you have to modify the existing bracket? The 1/6 servo is a very strange size and with 15t spline so almost a 1/5 servo but not quite.

I can’t find a drop in replacement so I don’t think you have a choice but to modify what you have to fit a 1/5 servo unfortunately.

Found something!
Apparently the Hitec 5765MH is a direct replacement for the stock steering servo.

http://www.davesmotors.com/hitec-hs-5765mh-35765s-hv-digital-metal-gear-giant-servo.html

Thanks jimbo1 and dougstar! The Hitec is a better quality servo than the Spektrum. I’ve got a Hot Racing servo mount on my SBR so I don’t want to mess with that if you guys know what I mean. When the Spektrum dies I know what to put in it’s place! Have a happy Easter!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks