losi steering servo horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

losi4life

i was wondering what is the correct way to mount servo horn on steering servo?the losi manual says to mount it parallel,but must pictures ive seen them mounted slightly pointed to the back.which is the correct way?

Out of the box the horn is parallel with the servo saver arm when the Ackerman arm and the servo are centered...I hope that made sense.

Mine sits a bit backwards but this is aftermarket product.

That's how the stock horn is oriented. If you look at your servo saver arm in your pic the servo horn is almost parallel with it. Again that is after the servo and ackerman arm have been centered.

All depends on the servo and how the centered position of the spline is oriented when the servo is in neutral position. Remove horn. Connect servo to Rx. Turn on power to rx then radio. Make sure steering is set to zero with radio. Take horn and mount as close to 90 degrees to servo body. Adjust steering turnbuckle linkages so they are equal and wheels are the same and the toe angle is slightly 'out.' Adjust servo steering linkage to desired length matching hole in servo horn (do this without allowing the wheels to move). Fasten linkage to horn and make minor adjustments with radio to ensure truck is driving straight when servo is in neutral position. Easy peasy.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks