Losi Super Baja Rey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fleafish

I am new to electric rc's. I had Nitro since 2001. I have a Losi Super Baja Rey that is driving me nuts. Been fine till last weekend. I went to run her and all of a sudden, the steering stops working. Throttle works fine. Tried switching connector for the steering servo to the throttle on the receiver, knowing that it works. Still no response to the steering servo. Any ideas? Thanks in advance ?

I am new to electric rc's. I had Nitro since 2001. I have a Losi Super Baja Rey that is driving me nuts. Been fine till last weekend. I went to run her and all of a sudden, the steering stops working. Throttle works fine. Tried switching connector for the steering servo to the throttle on the receiver, knowing that it works. Still no response to the steering servo. Any ideas? Thanks in advance ?
Hi welcome to LSF??
What servo horn is on you rig?
Have you touched the settings on the TX?

Hi welcome to LSF??
What servo horn is on you rig?
Have you touched the settings on the TX?
I have bound the TX to the receiver, worked like a charm for months. Never changed any setting. Drove it from my car to my son's backyard, maybe twenty feet. Steering just stopped. I have tried all switch positions on the TX, and returned them to factory. Among other tests mentioned previously. I'm totally lost....lol.

Fek..... ok have you gone over all the steering linkage, servo horn, and servo saver?
If you did then it's new radio time I would want to say. Its odd that a new servo and reciever didnt change anything. Just leaves the afore mentioned linkage and the transmitter

I'm at kinda a loss in what to tell you mate. I have a bunch of other tx/rx laying around and normally I can figure out rather quickly what the issue is. If like you said you've swapped all this stuff out it should be apparent what is the bad part. But good job on hitting horizon up on the issue. I hope they get you squared away

could you have accidentally turned the dual rate down to 0 maybe or endpoints to 0

if you forget all other channels for a moment. are you saying if you connect a known working servo to channel 1 it still will not work?

must be either the receiver, transmitter. or transmitter settings.

if you connect a know working servo (throttle) into channel 1 and that works than you have burnt out your original steering servo and need a replacement (y)

Last edited:
I am using a DX2E Spektrum TX I bought separately. As I said before, everything was working fine. All of a sudden I had no steering. I've reversed the plugs for the throttle and the steering and I can get the throttle to work with the steering on the TX. So I assume the TX and receiver are working fine. I have a brand new servo and have tried both on the steering and throttle channels and does not work. Frustrating to say the least. I'v contacted Horizon and waiting on their answer. I'll probably have to ship it out to have it looked at. But by gumm, I have not given up. I'm going to take my TX and receiver from my Savage that works fine but had at my sons house, and try it tonight. Leave it to me to have a one in a million problem and I'm betting it's something so simple that I'm over looking. Thanks for all the input everyone. Keep it coming. I'll let you all know as soon as I hear from Horizon.....or fix it myself.:confused:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks