M/T Slicks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys!!

I just got a set of SLD 170mm slicks for my FG MT5.
I have a question:

When I put the slicks & the foam onto the FG MT rims, it seems that I cant get the proper balancing so that the wheel doesn't wobble due to areas of uneven foam.

I know that the SLD slicks came with the foams and it seems that the amount of foam is LONGER than the circumferance of the inside of the SLD slick tire.

Do I just cut the foam to the same length as the circumferance??

Please give me some pointers on mounting the tires properly.

thanks

Is there a way of packing it in tightly, or does the foam concertina.
I know in fitting the MCD tyres to the alloys I have for my FG MT, I fed all in without problem, tightly, and left without gluing, and basically played with it like a ball to 'seat' everything, before gluing. Perhaps its just a bit of 'seating' is what's required?
Al.

I am packing it tightly but the problem is that it seems that the foams are not packing evenly which is causing the tire to be imbalanced.

What is the best tire glue?

I'm interested to hear input on this one - I've got 3 MCD tyres to glue onto Alloy rims for my FG MT - they fit perfectly by the way.
I've selected 'medium' CA, as opposed to fast, to permit time to really work the glue in, and make contact with as much surface as possible. ...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks