M3 gtr body detail sticker kit????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drift king

I'm going to buy the m3 gtr body shell from... rc-car-online-shop... When I asked them about the detail stickers they said Fg had discontinued then 2 years ago.. Any leads to sellers who still have them?

I'm sure there are other ways round it... A good painter could do the details or possibly use a sticker set from another car??? Any ideas/solutions/ leads, please let me know.

Think iv heard few people on here talking about a member who does custom paint jobs... If anyone knows who he is I could be interested in attaining his services..

I want to tint the windows and add wiper/side mirror set also so any advice on this upcoming project will be well recieved!

Cheers
Graham

I asked they guy I bought the Fg from where he got the viper shell.. He said its an original Fg one that used to come with them but stopped making them now.. I don't understand why there's not a better selection of shells for these cars.. There's so many possibilities!! I'd personally like some drift style shells like 1:10 scale.. Someone needs to start knocking them out!!!

Drift, I agree with you 100%, with these large chassis, I would think it would be easier to put out some different body styles, the available choices we have now are getting pretty stale, and the body's should come with window mask's and details like lights and window trim, I mean for the price some body's go for, at least they should cut us some slack on these items :(

Been looking at vac forming for lexan.. Seems that it's not the easiest material to form.. Would be hard enough forming all the different body shapes.. There must be more of a story behind the lack of shells on the market... Production costs or licence to copy cars... It's a big let down in this scale!!

I contacted Fg models port to get an answer to this question... Here's the reply...

thank you for your interest in our products.
Creating a new body shell for a large scale model car is very expensive: the costs for creating the mold, license fees and so on.
This makes it hard to decide which car to make as a lot of body shells need to be sold to be cost-effective.
The large scale market is very small and the amount of sales are not very high, so this is the reason for a lower choice of different body shells in comparison to 1/10th or 1/8th scale.
Kind regards
Ralf Wirth

It's just the way it is I suppose.. The markets just not big enough to justify a large selection of bodys.

be a different story if fg was made in china you would have every car going they don't give a toss about license and would copy everything without permission even if they got pulled up on it they would just say looks nothing like it and carry on

but it would be made from chineseium lexan and crack 5 mins after it was painted

Last edited:
yeah you know that but on a good note your shell thats coming with your new toy looks mint and they do last quite well compaired to the off road shell that can crack on there first outing,,my on road bmw has been abused like mad but still has no real damage just the odd mark from where the tyres hit the arches,,but im lucky as mine being a lwb car theres more choice of bodys so worst case id change the chassis to a lwb 535mm one you can get them allday long on ebay the comp ones are all was on there and not to much money and everything is a direct swap so maybe another option for you

Car came today renbar!!! Have to admit I didn't realise it was a short wheelbase!! (seller said it was long wheel) It's just a sportline chassis on it so first upgrade will be evo chassis.. Love the viper shell though and was always interested in getting a porsche shell.. But short evo chassis not so common on eBay.. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do now.

First things first... Any idea how to set up the dual brake servos??? How do get them to work together??? I'm using a flysky gt3b if that matters.. Also how do use fail safe if already using all sockets on the receiver?

its not the short one its the medium wheel base one id just settle for a fg comp lwb chassis and not the evo one as some bits are evo only and may cause problems but not 100% sure on that so don't take my word for it

on mine i run 2 savox servos linked by a y lead easy job and can be had on ebay real cheap as for a failsafe i don't really bother i use the 3rd channel kill switch and a switchblade k/s that works for me

Y lead ordered! Didn't realise there was a medium wheelbase model... When I compare it to my Carson there is very little difference.. But just enough so the wheel arches hit the wheels. I will eventually swap to long wheel but going to stick with the viper for a bit. Just got to figure out how the lights are set up now.. There's wires everywhere!! And there's a cable coming from the engine with a circuit board and a receiver plug on the end??

wagon runs a mwb 515mm renault maxi megane and its just as good fun as mine i do think the lwb cars handle better and not as twitchy as the short and medium cars but there all great fun and thats all that matters

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks