Made an on vehicle bearing puller for the Genius (I'm sure it works on others)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qckslvr

Fiercely mediocre
For any one with hydraulic brakes on their RC, you know if you loose a bearing the hub is possibly coming off to change the bad bearings out. Thus you have to re bleed the brakes, and at the track that can be a pain. Especially with Genius' upside down bleeders in the front.... Yes it is correctly built.

So I made a tool to remove the bearings while on the car, thus no need to bleed the brakes. The whole process took all of 10 minutes per side.

The tool is a Motion Pro 10mm blind bearing puller, a 1/2BSM bolt and nut, 25mm ID tubing, and some plastic bushings. One of the bushings I pressed into the tube and then Dremeled it to the size of the bearing puller. The allows the tube to be used as a handle, and the puller to not spin while trying to thread the bolt into it. Sure I could use a slide hammer.... but that is big to bring to the track, and also if that bearing is stuck you might need some one to hold the car.

B7tg7dl.jpg

TSKb6bw.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks