Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

making my own pipe progress

Discussion in 'General Large Scale RC' started by BuggZy, Mar 21, 2007.

Tags:
  1. BuggZy

BuggZy Well-Known Member

been doing my own pipe and so far its looking good, all i need now is to make a headers to connect it.

testpipe4.gif

testpipe2.gif

testpipe3.gif

#1 BuggZy, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  2. Kwakr

Kwakr Well-Known Member

just an idea for your header....FG headers made for the tuned pipes would probably work very nicely with your aplication....would just need to "couple" it together....just a tought...
    Looks cool though...you expecting much performance wise?? Take some vid when your done!!!

The only thing that i know that mixes well with rhum..is my tummy and some coke;);) :)

3. BuggZy

BuggZy Well-Known Member

im hoping for a good power band, more for top end though as i run a 29cc stuffed crank engine with plenty of torque.

4. phx123

phx123 Active Member

That is fricken wicked . I wanted to make one for my Baja cause the cost for pipes up here is pretty $$$$

5. Timmahh

Timmahh Bajastafarian Madnes
    PLUS member

go to DDM look at the Ped stuff. ESP has a header mount that may be just the trick for your pipe. it was his first product brought to mass production and got him into the ped racing world.

6. SELWA

SELWA Well-Known Member

Very nice job!!! Hopefully the Lauterbacher header I'm sending you will work well!

7. BuggZy

BuggZy Well-Known Member

im going to use it as a template to make the one i need.I should be able to get it up and running by next weekend and probably post a vid with a try out run.

8. Bigger the Better

Bigger the Better LSF Plus Member
    PLUS member

Nice job. Can't wait to see some video of it. What type of welding and bending are you using. Anything special equipment wise? How did you bend up the end? Sorry so many questions but its frickin cool that people make there own stuff.:cool2:

9. Chop Suey

Chop Suey Well-Known Member

Good job Eric, but you might have to cut a hole in the rear end of the shell. Let us know how it turned out for you.

10. BuggZy

BuggZy Well-Known Member

yeah, i thought about that also, ill run this pipe with the beetle shell and get another one for when i ru the mt or stadium shell.

11. BuggZy

BuggZy Well-Known Member

its actually a pocket bike tuned pipe that i cut and made to fit. although easy for the biggest part the curbed tube is a little tricky to get it aligned though. Although it looks heavey iit weighs a tad more then the stock can i had.

12. Bigger the Better

Bigger the Better LSF Plus Member
    PLUS member

That's realy cool. I have heard of a few people doing the same but I like the straight one you are doing it looks mean! Hurry up and tell us if it works:clown: , I just damaged my new DDM pipe.:(