marder tire replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peegee

A bit of advice please, what's the best method of removing tyres from the rims on a marder? Fronts are standard, rears are the wider ones if it makes a difference. Also, any recomendations on what type of tyre to replace them with and the best place to get them, thanks Paul.

i boiled mine but its a knightmare and takes ages to be honest look around you may be able to get mounted wheels and tyres just as cheap without the hassle

That's ONE (only !) advantage of having alloy wheels.
You can use the acetone (aka nail varnish), rip the tyres, boil the rims, scrape off carefully, boil again, varnish again ....
did that to one of my FG MT wheels ...
result?

PERFECT !!!!!!

Some glue really was SUPER, and I had to gouge it out as hard as I could - it came eventually else I couldn't seat the tyre again properly.

If the specific wheel style isn't that important, definitely get pre-mounted on plastic rims - much less hassle.

Al.

its worth a try the only real problem i had was the wheels were hard to fit back on the car i had to drill a little out the center hole i think boiling them shrunk them a bit squares were fine just middle hole was about a 1mm out do them one at a time in a saucepan old one 5/10mins take one out put one in the one thats out try get tyre off do abit swap them about once they cool down they don't seem to budge as much i went rond mine with a flat bladed screwdriver breaking the bead of glue you can just cut most the tyre off and do it the same way as above if you wanted

After you cut and peel the tire off the wheel, you can use a small wire wheel in a dremel to grind the old rubber out of the bead (where the tire seats to the wheel)

If you take your time, it's safe and doesn't hurt the wheel.

another method is to use the oven. it's a bit safer than boiling. pre heat the oven to 300-350 degrees. place tires on a cookie sheet in the oven and turn off the heat. let them sit for about 10-15 mins then using oven mitts rip them apart. at least you don't get burned with boiling water

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks