MAX Rpms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anyway to check your maximum Rpm for tuning and curiosity. Just thought it would be good to know thanks. :)

TrailTech Tach from DDM. It doesn't have a memory except for showing you the total number of hours you've put on the engine. It shows you your RPMs constantly while it's running and once you shut the car off it shows you the max RPM reached during the last run.

With my radio I can get a sensor for both RPM and temperature and it will read out on my TX. On my nitro buggies I have used the temperature sensor but never had a RPM sensor. Unfortunately the radio I have is discontinued.

You might try it on one of your Rc now? I'm just going to order 1 and see for myself if it works. 12 bucks it's dam cheap and I work in the automotive trade so it will come in handy for something.

The Oddified looks sweet and they have some really awesome stuff but the functions and cost would be a little extravagant for some one unless you were a competitive racer. Nice but probably a little out of my budget too thanks for the info though as I haven't been on that site before.

The problem is I have a enclosed CB so finding a place to check the RPM is not easy.

Could you remove the engine cover to see the flywheel or could you take a reading off the gear / cog that connects to the clutch. Would that still give an accurate measure of Rpms.

I'm not sure of the price (about £170) but Ian does a "basher" version which is not allowed in racing but is a right good bit of kit. You do see them from time to time on evilbay too.

The tack I have you have to put a piece of reflective tape on the part you are going to test. It would be hard to put it on the gears might work on the fly wheel but then I cannot have the motor mount well since 4 of the mounting points are on the fan shroud. I guess you could modify a fan shroud but not really interested about the RPM. All so I would have to check the RPM with the vehicle stationary.

Attachments

• DSCF6047.jpg
    DSCF6047.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 12
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks