may port my engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

govtech

ill tell ya about my set up, I put a 28.5 piston on my 26cc HPI SS , I put a V! Dom pipe (loud af )I put a small muffler on it , my most secent is a WT 990 carb, I took it for a rip with screws in the tires and holy xxxx is it ever fast , very happy with it .I have aftermarket rear shafts and boots

my question is how much difference would porting and polishing it ?

I don't race it , just bash around ,

TIA

Rob

ill tell ya about my set up, I put a 28.5 piston on my 26cc HPI SS , I put a V! Dom pipe (loud af )I put a small muffler on it , my most secent is a WT 990 carb, I took it for a rip with screws in the tires and holy xxxx is it ever fast , very happy with it .I have aftermarket rear shafts and boots

my question is how much difference would porting and polishing it ?

I don't race it , just bash around ,

TIA

Rob
Porting makes a big difference when it's done right. Porting isn't just throwing a Dremel in the ports and making em bigger, so you have to do the math and do it correctly. But when down correctly you'll see a difference

ty, I know its quiet involved so ill do research again, lol, I don't use it very much cuz its so loud lol,

I might piss around with it !!

Less is more for you guys just stating out with porting. I've messed up countless cylinders before I figured out how to make them run better. Stay away from the transfers at first. That's the real tricky bit. Make sure you don't free port the exhaust or intake. If you have any particular questions, just ask. I'll do my best to get pics and explain things

I'll echo exactly off Seandonato73's reply. I raced MX for over 18 years and a very wise engine performance "mentor" explained to me back in the late 1980's is "It's easier to loose 5 hp than it is to gain 2 hp" with respect to porting. My strong suggestion is for your first "port" do NOT grind the ports in attempts to increase flow. What you can do is examine how the fuel / air flows through the ports and look for casting flash and irregularities. Just simply blending and removing raised casting bumps will add some hp. Don't use a serrated burring tool but a small smooth stone or sanding drum works very good. Watch some youtube vids on porting as well, lots of great tips. Good luck ,

Idk if you have some small engine shops, or saw shops. If they work in two strokes most will give you a few junk cylinders to practice on. (Or at least around here they do, or did when I first started porting)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks