MCD ultimate w5 short course truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCD dood

HI everyone, I'm thinking of buying a MCD ultimate w5 short course truck, I've read alot of really good stuff on here about MCD, my main reason for buying the MCD is U can put a RC Max big bore in them with no upgrades, was going to get a losi 2.0 , but to put a big bore in a Losi I would need to spend another $2000 there about, so I think I'm better off spending the extra cash on the MCD, what's your thoughts, please help me decide witch way to go

I would b needing alloy diff housing, alloy diff casing, by 2, locker for the middle diff, hardened diff gears, dog bone's, rose joints & alloy chassis braces, soon addes up. The MCD has cv shafts, alloy everything, hardened diff gears, LSD, not planetary gear, better shock's, I'm tending more towards the MCD, thanks for the feedback, I was going to get the Losi b4 I found the MCD range, this will b my 1st 1/5, had 1/8 off & on road car b4, I'm only back yard bashing & mucking around with a like minded group of people who own 1/5 scale vehicles, watching them beach race at low Tide is awesome, the 2wd buggies wheeling up the beach

I really do like the MCD, I know they r bloody dear, but they seem better engineered then anything else out there, like my granddaddy always said, U get what you pay for & if U want quality it will cost you son ?

So why ask if you had your mind made up already? I cant deny the mcd is awesome out of the box, but I'm not seeing the need for half the stuff to run a 50cc. Usually the 50 is touted as the upper limit for reliability for the 5ive platform. Unless quality had changed, I'm not seeing the need for some of the parts mentioned. But since you've made your mind up, ita really a pointless conversation, isnt it?

So why ask if you had your mind made up already? I cant deny the mcd is awesome out of the box, but I'm not seeing the need for half the stuff to run a 50cc. Usually the 50 is touted as the upper limit for reliability for the 5ive platform. Unless quality had changed, I'm not seeing the need for some of the parts mentioned. But since you've made your mind up, ita really a pointless conversation, isnt it?
I haven't made a firm decision as yet, what wood U upgrade on a Losi to take a 50cc

Buy the mcd ?
MMM I do really like them, just have to get the misses working down the corner & sell my first born, I could afford the Losi now , just need $1500 more to save for the MCD, then I need radio gear servos & a motor ? but I am thinking it would be worth it all in the end ?

So which one you getting now? All those upgrades would be like $350 + or - depending on what brands you buy, sell off the zen 320 for $200.00 ish and your basically at the same point as the mcd for a 50cc. Diff fluid doesn't really count imo as it's a consumable, and a silly putty egg for the center diff is cheap as fek. Springs are upgraded by about everyone with a 5ive, so I wouldnt necessarily count them either, but are cheap enough as well.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks