Mcd xr5 max pro build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in your opinion, what are some must-haves with the max pro? any parts that should be upgraded right off the bat?
The max pro is a great rig out of the box but upgrades would depend on what your plans are for it. For speed runs and general parking lot bashing the 2 speed is probably a must have

The max pro is a great rig out of the box but upgrades would depend on what your plans are for it. For speed runs and general parking lot bashing the 2 speed is probably a must have
I’d be running an electric set up so probably won’t need the 2-speed. Thanks for your input. I’m on the fence between the FTR and PRO

Saw this color on a 350 z today man it was nice wonder if I could pull it off and it not look girlyScreenshot_20230304_161114_Chrome.jpg
This purple is hittin alsoScreenshot_20230304_161432_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230304_161202_Chrome.jpg
Wonder if i could get that color. Looks like a translucent orange backed by a pink

Last edited:
About how many cans of paint would I need to paint this body
I'm going with a
Translucent red I'm thinking 3 cans
Backed with silver 3
Black roof and maybe some stripping 2

Does that sound like enough

About how many cans of paint would I need to paint this body
I'm going with a
Translucent red I'm thinking 3 cans
Backed with silver 3
Black roof and maybe some stripping 2

Does that sound like enough
Avoid translucent. Unless you’re experienced. It’s a tough one because the paint is see through. Applying it perfectly and evenly is 100% the way it’s done. Other wise you’ll bet splotchy job with darker and lighter spots. It’s only noticeable once the backing Color is applied.

Fast Color pearl red. Is a cool Color.

Pick up an airbrush and play. Airbrushing is fun and it’s not that hard. And a paint shaker. Is another nice addition.

Avoid translucent. Unless you’re experienced. It’s a tough one because the paint is see through. Applying it perfectly and evenly is 100% the way it’s done. Other wise you’ll bet splotchy job with darker and lighter spots. It’s only noticeable once the backing Color is applied.

Fast Color pearl red. Is a cool Color.

Pick up an airbrush and play. Airbrushing is fun and it’s not that hard. And a paint shaker. Is another nice addition.
Don't be afraid of candy and translucent paints. Just takes patience and lots of light to medium coats to get it right. Clubbing is right though, it really only pops when the backer is applied, and there are so many choices there that will effect how the candy/ translucent paint looks. Metallics, solid color, shade of solid color, pearls (usually done first.) Etc. Really makes or breaks the effect. The other thing is depth of color or the wet look requires more coats to get. Not so terrible painting the inside of a body to do, but it can be a bit tough to gauge when to add the next coat and not f it all up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks