Mecatech hydarulic brake expert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greasemonkey

has anybody else purchased Mecatech brake expert from www.rc-car-online.de http://www.rc-car-online-shop.de/lshop,showdetail,16583,e,1235307715-16667,tuning.bremse.hydraulisch.bremsen_hyd,y1129,,Tshowrub--tuning.bremse.hydraulisch.bremsen_hyd,.htm
The price is brilliant and the postage time from Germany to the UK was very good from ordering to delivery was 5 days but i was at work so i did not pick it up till 2 days later. Personally i think the build quality is superb with it fitting without a problem though i did have to do some drilling to mount the master cylinder pedestal (drill an additional hole) and move the fuel tank back alittle. All setup and bleed the braking power is impressive and the pads are not even broken in yet.

Just my 2 pennies worth

Simon

Hi mate, ive just fitted a set on my FGMT, see my post (Supers FGMT).
I think they are great brakes, i didnt have to move fuel tank or nothing, just bolted them straight in .

I had no choice but relocate the tank as it would not go back into the same position. I have ordered another set for my other beetle. I cannot wait for the better weather so I can take it out and run it all in.

They do say to move tank back, but i could not see any reason for this..
I left tank in when fitting master and it is close but it does fit.
Have a look at my pics mate .
Have you got any pics of yous mate? would love to see your install..

They do say to move tank back, but i could not see any reason for this..
I left tank in when fitting master and it is close but it does fit.
Have a look at my pics mate .
Have you got any pics of yous mate? would love to see your install..

AS requested some pictures of my install

Caliper and disk with the wheels fitted
IMG_0132.gif

See how i relocated my fuel tank
IMG_0131.gif

Brake caliper and disk with the wheel removed
IMG_0130.gif

Close up of the master cyliner and where i had to cut the cage
IMG_0129.gif

Radio Tray
IMG_0128.gif

I see now, i think you bolted the pedistall to far back, there should of been 1 existing hole and you would of needed to drill 1 more for the pedistall and not use your roll bar mounting point.. here is a photo of mine, just installed..

P1010667.jpg

P1010663.jpg

As you can see, I had to custom fit the radio tray and battery ..

I will be fitting the same system to my other bettle when it arrives so hopefully will use the right holes when fitting that lol. Just had a look and if u had mounted it anymore forward it would have been fowling the battery. My beetle is not the monster beetle but the marder sized bettle.

Thats where its ment to be mate, you needed to buy the hydro radio plate, or custom adapt 1 like ive done.They are all the same chassie mate. I moded the battery holder to fit, just enough room mate, or you could buy a humped battery pack, but i like this set up....

Last edited:
hey man love them also

i bought the same set for my fg check out (fg beetle rebuild)

im in the process of adjusting my sevo,you didnt have to cut your roll cage at all you should have done what i done put it longside it and drill a hole in chassis for it,it makes for a great carring handle like........these beasts get heavy..

well especially mine lol

It did say on rc-car-online.de website that the fuel tank would need to be relocated to fit the pedestal. There are two different types of pedestal old hole & late holeso some of the chassis must have a few holes aligned different?? My chassis needed old hole pedestal.
I will admit that I was not pleased to have to cut my roll cage but for the sack of 3 new holes and move my fuel tank backwards thought it would be better than messing around with the battery mounting.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks