Megura Hydrolics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc2 man

Reading the Rules!
lads i need yer advice yet again,im considering a st of magura hydrolic brakes for the rear of my fg beetle,anybody know anything about them?
i wonder are they worth the hassle over cable disc brakes??

cheers!!:cool2:

definitely worth getting hydros..i got kpd and they are dead easy to bleed (magura's are a little different...I blow fluid thru mine i think you use a syringe with maguras)
i had cables which work good but you can't beat hydros...if you don't have front brakes then i'd put them up front for sure.
And the deal in the market place is a real good deal.

Get them, you wont be dissapointed. Not only are they a killer price, [AK] is the man to deal with. I know if I had the beans, I'd be buying them.
Good Luck

Mount the diske breaks on the front wheels.

hydro breaks are easy to instal.

wire breaks kan be a bear to get right.

Elcon ios working on a set of air breaks for FG. then you don't have to bleed the breaks. sisnce the system is fukk og airbubbles.

lads i need yer advice yet again,im considering a st of magura hydrolic brakes for the rear of my fg beetle,anybody know anything about them?
i wonder are they worth the hassle over cable disc brakes??

cheers!!:cool2:
wat version of magura`s are u thinking of buying 1 or 2 ?
as the v2 are a tone better then the outdated v1`s .
i run magura v2`s front and rear on my beast .... once u have all the air bubbles out there great .

theese are pretty old pics of mine ..

hydr.jpg

hydr2.jpg

you see ducky the big problem i have with hydrolics is when fitted to front of the car you loose your hand brake turns as i will call them,when all four corners are braking together.

also four wheel hydro makes for tricky handling and tricky braking.they are powerfull like,the reason i state this is a friend had them on his mcd and he used flip the car a lot.

u know when you have rear brakes alone its very handy too to be able to swing the arse of the car around when rear brakes are locked.
,with hydro fitted to front its a totally differnt ball game,differnt braking,in my opinion the hydro set up is more suited for track use for intense braking.

otherwise offroad like ours(my opinion) a set of discs atthe rear is more than enough. or your set of hydros at JUST the rear would be good.

im iffy about hydros on all four corners. (not cutting them,my opinion)

It’s in the setting.
Reduce the front braking force so you will have the handbrake effect with better braking.

Last edited:
Mount the diske breaks on the front wheels.

hydro breaks are easy to instal.

wire breaks kan be a bear to get right.

Elcon ios working on a set of air breaks for FG. then you don't have to bleed the breaks. sisnce the system is fukk og airbubbles.

I think they are released. I have seen a PDF file of assembling instruction. Love them. :drool::drool::drool:

sorry for being harsh sounding here shiny but i think you need to check your spelling before you post it is getting hard to read,no offence.

how do u mean it is in the sitting??

Like in a real cares. The front brakes generate most of the braking force (about 70%) and the rear generates the rest (30%). That is in general and if I remember correctly.
You can set the front to generate les that the rear (Ex. 30 % front 70 % rear). This way you have better breaking that rear wheel only yet still can swing the rear end around if you wish to.
You can do that by adjusting the servo so that when the rear is fully engaged, the front is not.
Hp this clarifies it.
PS: English is not my mother tong. Fast typing to. So bear with me.

ah you are fine out,your english is good considering i have only two languages myself,well kinda lol

i understand,i suppose that makes sense.
cheers

dc2, when you run hydros or cables front and rear you really want to run them on different channels and then mix the 2 channels on you transmitter, then as shiny said you can independently alter the bias front to rear...so you can have more brake on the back for hand brake turns if you like. Some use y connectors and run off the one channel but to me that defeats the purpose of having front and rear brakes.
I can alter my bias in about 5 secs from my handset.
Shiny, the fg version of the airbrake isn't out yet, at the moment they only fit the lauts and cleon the pdf is for them, the harm/fg version is coming soon though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks