Metal cage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it? What kind of design and materials could be strong enough to prevent warping with a 30lb truck rolling at 40mph while keeping it at a reasonable weight?

10mm tube, or 3/8 dom are perfect. Extremely strong if cage is braced correctly and designed right. You wont crinkle one from a good wreck

Same concept would apply to rock crawlers, buggies, drag cars etc then if you were right. But they all use cages to protect the person inside. It all falls down to design and materials

Lol idk mabe titanium ? ?
Anddddddd it’s bent
10mm tube, or 3/8 dom are perfect. Extremely strong if cage is braced correctly and designed right. You wont crinkle one from a good wreck

Same concept would apply to rock crawlers, buggies, drag cars etc then if you were right. But they all use cages to protect the person inside. It all falls down to design and materials
Putting a 1000-1590 pound cage on a rock crawler isn’t a big deal, but would you want to put even a 10 pound cage on a losi?

Last edited:
You can get titanium and chromolly dom tubing very small. And yes design will play a part in it. It doesn't have to be extremely heavy. Think outside the box for a change. The cage on my savage xl added all of a pound, and saved everything but the body on rollovers. These are just a bit bigger rc cars.

You can get titanium and chromolly dom tubing very small. And yes design will play a part in it. It doesn't have to be extremely heavy. Think outside the box for a change. The cage on my savage xl added all of a pound, and saved everything but the body on rollovers. These are just a bit bigger rc cars.
So what, is @Haric gonna make one?

You mean like this one? Definitely isnt 10lbs and is very strong. I'd guess 6-7 lbs.

View attachment 63835

im arguing about 1. Something I know very little about and 2. I’m not really invested in at all. With that being stated, nobody will ever know how strong that body is because nobody that buys it will be dumb enough to truly test it. If you are really bashing why would you buy a metal cage for hundreds of dollars when you can buy a plastic one that offers enough protection and if something breaks could be replaced for $20. I’m thinking that metal cages for the losi aren’twidely available because they are financially or practically beneficial.But I understand the “why? Because I can.” Mind set so just take that for what it is. Are the Akihiro cages amazing? Yes. Would I ever buy one? No.

I would say a metal cage being anchored to plastic isn't a great idea your just kicking the stone farther down the list of things to break. Now if there was holes in the chassis plate to secure the cage then maybe.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks