metal v,s plastic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo

been running my sq baja with a plastic spur, they last a while but in the end they do shred been thinking of fitting a steel one all tho they ain,t cheap. are they better than plastic or can they cause other problems in the drive train, with there being no give in the steel ,:helpsmilie:

been running my sq baja with a plastic spur, they last a while but in the end they do shred been thinking of fitting a steel one all tho they ain,t cheap. are they better than plastic or can they cause other problems in the drive train, with there being no give in the steel ,:helpsmilie:

the only problem mate is the plastic spur is a weak part of the drive train but is the cheapest too so if you get a steel one theres no weak parts so if something was to go wrong the it would probably be the diff that lets go, what would you rather pay £5 for a spur gear or over £50 for a diff :blush: but sayin that i've run a steel spur for near 6-7 months now and i abuse my car and not had a problem to date mate. this is just my opinion some may say different but it's your choice and your buggy matey :cool2::cool2:

I run a plastic spur and after 9 months its still going strong :cool2: don't think I would even consider the extra cost for metal based on this experience.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks