Milo’s Badger Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GRIND IT! lol
I just did.

image.jpg
Never had IRC but the flms I bought I had to grind out because they were binding alot. It will wear in to some extent but how it was on mine I couldn't even move the axle in the cup
Problem with that is, put a bit of torque through it and the pins won’t last at all. Too brittle.
I did consider to just run it any how. But nah to much time and effort has gone into this so might as well make it perfect before I break it, no point starting with something broken. 🤣

Last edited:
I just did.

View attachment 82061

Problem with that is, put a bit of torque through it and the pins won’t last at all. Too brittle.
I did consider to just run it any how. But nah to much time and effort has gone into this so might as well make it perfect before I break it, no point starting with something broken. 🤣
Yeah forsure, just grind em and be done with it 👍

1 step forward 2 back. I sorted my gearbox issues mostly there is an imperfection in the pinion and spur like Portcity said. I’m gonna live with it now it’s so much better after I listened to Spents who told me to loosen everything off a tad and put a piece of paper in between the gears and then retighten everything. Cheers for that Paul. 👍🏾👍🏾

Anyhow I’ve completely destroyed a coil trying to take a plug wire out, so 2 new coils ordered. Apparently the new ones are upgraded somehow, I’ll be the judge of that.🤣

The cable ties are on the rear shocks to give a tiny bit of pre-tension so I can install the limit straps perfectly equally as I’m OCD like that.

684830AB-7D59-4263-B277-18CD6169B03E.jpeg
I’ve just invented a cheap poopy mod. Scrap the limit straps, just use cable ties. 🤣

Last edited:
1 step forward 2 back. I sorted my gearbox issues mostly there is an imperfection in the pinion and spur like Portcity said. I’m gonna live with it now it’s so much better after I listened to Spents who told me to loosen everything off a tad and put a piece of paper in between the gears and then retighten everything. Cheers for that Paul. 👍🏾👍🏾

Anyhow I’ve completely destroyed a coil trying to take a plug wire out, so 2 new coils ordered. Apparently the new ones are upgraded somehow, I’ll be the judge of that.🤣

The cable ties are on the rear shocks to give a tiny bit of pre-tension so I can install the limit straps perfectly equally as I’m OCD like that.

View attachment 82092
I’ve just invented a cheap poopy mod. Scrap the limit straps, just use cable ties. 🤣
Are you talking about a small bind when you rotate the wheels or spur gear? If so, mine has a similar issue , it's real weird because I know the mesh is right, Axles are good, and transmission Is good. It's had that issue since I rebuilt it in late 2020 and it never caused an issue, just a peculiar tjing

Are you talking about a small bind when you rotate the wheels or spur gear? If so, mine has a similar issue , it's real weird because I know the mesh is right, Axles are good, and transmission Is good. It's had that issue since I rebuilt it in late 2020 and it never caused an issue, just a peculiar tjing
Both mate, because the issue is with the interference with the spur and pinion. I know that it will sort itself out, and not be an issue as can turn it with my fingers alone but I feel a slight bind. I’m super fussy dude, so stuff like that keeps me awake at night.

Bill Murray Im Here GIF by Groundhog Day

Both mate, because the issue is with the interference with the spur and pinion. I know that it will sort itself out, and not be an issue as can turn it with my fingers alone but I feel a slight bind. I’m super fussy dude, so stuff like that keeps me awake at night.

Bill Murray Im Here GIF by Groundhog Day
Yeah it's been like that on mine for a while. Beat the poop out of it and nothing broke so I'm not worried, just odd.

Will you be running the BRP knobby tires you have in your photo? I can't decide if I want standard height spikes or knobbies or the 190mm spikes. I've seen a vid of the standard heights and I kinda dig the look more. Doug's car had the 190s. Though they look good I'm not running these genesis wheels on this.

Will you be running the BRP knobby tires you have in your photo? I can't decide if I want standard height spikes or knobbies or the 190mm spikes. I've seen a vid of the standard heights and I kinda dig the look more. Doug's car had the 190s. Though they look good I'm not running these genesis wheels on this.
Sorry mate just seen this. Nah I’ve put the BRPs to one side and I’m using these now.
0679F498-03C9-45E1-AA9C-A395C08F9587.jpeg
46DCA6F0-43FE-4B0A-A7A5-228DF92271BA.jpeg
Having an exhaust fitment issue now. I didn’t think fitment would be an issue but it massively is. The headers are way too long and I’ll need to chop them. 🤬🤬 Wish I’d known that before getting them ceramic coated, hey ho..

3DA3D73B-7012-463C-828B-E6D14CFFF91E.jpeg

4A04E11B-8688-4BFD-A4E8-D9EBB9AC9AA3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks