MIP clutch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not yet, kinda wanted to see if anyone has tried it yet to see how they hold up. Not sure how those shoes would hold up being that they are made of some sort of plastic/derlin material. Don't want to buy it then find out have to replace shoes all the time. But I may be the guinee pig that finds out. gonna look around online to get a little more info, then report back.

I hope mip clutch will last longer then 4 shoe lauterbacher and wont have issues like other 4 shoe clutches i had. Based on video their tester did some brutal testing so hopefully that be a decent part for that 40 pounds losi.

Ye MIP has way better customer service then that and they test the heck out of there products before they release them. There is something else going on in that clutch setup.

It will melt had one in car 2013 at powerjam total waste every time you run it the next time you ran it it would not pull out

That's strange. I've been running one in 3 of my 4 cars and I haven't had a single issue with any of them.

Well just saying I got one and I'll give it to you at powerjam this year and you run it and let's talk after you have to adjust it every heat
BZM 28 in a Losi looks like a old gum school eraser was used in clutch drum [emoji90]

Last edited:
Well just saying I got one and I'll give it to you at powerjam this year and you run it and let's talk after you have to adjust it every heat
BZM 28 in a Losi looks like a old gum school eraser was used in clutch drum [emoji90]
Most clutches like lauter/tourex cannot handle the heat that bzm 28 produces.

Someone I know was having the same problem on his bzm 28 installed on his baja. Switched to 30.5 FM OBR and it was ok afterwards.

It might be that 3-4 shoe system clutches have the same problem

What are you running them in, and with what motor / tune / pipe?

Al.

Two in stock G320's with Bartolone pipes and Vertigo clutch bells--Losi 5ive-T and Losi buggy conversion. The 3rd is in an FG 4WD Sportsline TC I've mainly been using for drag racing. The clutch bell in that car has turned into a rainbow of colors from the heat. When I went to replace the stock bell with a vented one, I couldn't believe how good the clutch looked.

I've seen some messed up Lauterbacher clutches, but I don't know why mine haven't crapped the bed yet. Until that happens, I'll remain a fanboy! :)

Nitrocat: Bring it to PJ! I'll gladly take it off your hands!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks