Mixtures

james22ca

Thread starter #1
What is a good oil/gas mixture to use.
I have a 26cc FG monster with a Samba

also what is a good oil to use.
The guy who I bought it off uses motul smokeless motorcycle synthetic.

Bigger the Better

LSF Plus Member
PLUS member
Ive been using 25:1 W/Amsoil Sabre PRO - Smokeless for 2 years in both my models with no problems. Its says 100:1 but don't go there. Stay with somewhere between 25:1-32:1. I have not noticed an increase in performance when leaning the oil and some say the more oil the more the engine seals so stay rich your motor will love you for it.
:) http://www.amsoil.com/products/twocycle/2cycle_chart.aspx:)

Any high grade oil will work.

Yamadude

Any of the following will work great.
Amsoil
Kloz
Maxima 927
Bel-Ray
golden spectro
Red line
And most of the cycle shops,lawn equipment,and home and garden places carry those and alot more its very important to pick a good quailty oil not just anything off the shelf.
Some manufactures even make there own oils and alot of people will swear by them.Just make sure whatever you buy it has the capability of handling 18000rpm and still provide good lubrication.I would recommend something synthetic and go with a well known brand.I use Bel-Ray and have been for years over 18 now and its never let me down.

james22ca

Thread starter #5
thanks, so if I stay around 25-30:1 with a quality synthetic oil I should be ok?

WoodiE

Kind of good admin.
Staff member
Here's a noob question for you guys - what are you using to mix these with? Just pour in and shake?

-Michael

todd217

b4 any noobs get any ideas don't uses the cheap dollar bottle oils for your weedwacker the the local harware store sells. just spend the cash now or u will spend alot more later.