Modellsport Italy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterAir

Lone Racer 🤠
How do their engines compare with those made on my side of the pond? I haven't been able to find much info on them but the fact they are twice the price of what I can get from ESP, Bartolone, or OBR. Their site leaves a lot to be desired.

Ya not the best site.If the engines are using the e-ignition unit that would explain the price.I have no experience with them but italian engines are typically very good.They seem to know their stuff.

Ive had one these engines apart a 23cc m1 with the high voltage external ignition on my first impression I was surprised at the porting wasn't as extreme as my 23cc oddified and this looked cnc done very neat nowhere near the amount of the oddified which is all hand done

Power about 7.2hp plus its a true 23cc thanks to its unique crank 28.6mm masses of torque 4.2nm and silly revs 22500+ price is the bad bit

Check my Ferrari sportsline thread a mates car my build perfect engine choice Italian engine fg f1 Ferrari scheme body

Was new setup untuned slightly rich due to rebuild with new grip soft tires very cold dirty tarmac,,towards the end of vid was getting grip once tires got warmed up car seemed very quick and planted

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping you'd stop in Renbar. I seen you had the modelsport 23cc. They seem very well made all the way down to the carb brace. I was thinking about trying their ignition system but at $450+ and the fact I haven't been able to find much info on it I was swaying towards the TPS kit. Since you've tried both which would you say is the best buy? Keeping in mind the price difference as well.

Without doubt mate the tps kit mines been 100% as described good value long lasting and makes big difference and not mega dosh

I couldn't spend modelsport money nearly 1000 euros for the m1 engine you could get a lot of parts with that my mate had a right result with his m1 second hand just rebuilt by modelsport Italy and all for ?160 posted on eBay a big gamble worth every penny

Well half that damn grand is in their ignition system. They ask quite a bit of money for it I agree. Thanks for the info bud I think I'm gonna try the TPS kit. Ya sounds like your buddy stole that motor! lol. I would love to splurge and put one in my F1 but they all run stock here so I couldn't even race with it.

Well half that damn grand is in their ignition system. They ask quite a bit of money for it I agree. Thanks for the info bud I think I'm gonna try the TPS kit. Ya sounds like your buddy stole that motor! lol. I would love to splurge and put one in my F1 but they all run stock here so I couldn't even race with it.
You could try the new SpeedTec Crank ignition system. They remove the 19% VAT when you buy from them.

http://rc-car-online.de/shop/en/pro...ank-ignition-system-cis-.html?standardseite=1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks