Modified RC Sealed and Booted Brake Discs for Losi 5ive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their not the best and you'll eventually think their mediocre due to the fact that they are aluminum and they will eventually start to get "loose" around the drive cups from the braking forces, Not to mention that they are thicker than the stock discs and now you need to improvise with the brake hardware and you need to dump the stock brake springs as the discs are tall and won't allow you to use them. They also gall like hell and they start to transfer material to the brake pads so its a mess.If I could go back I wouldn't buy them.

Their not the best and you'll eventually think their mediocre due to the fact that they are aluminum and they will eventually start to get "loose" around the drive cups from the braking forces, Not to mention that they are thicker than the stock discs and now you need to improvise with the brake hardware and you need to dump the stock brake springs as the discs are tall and won't allow you to use them. They also gall like hell and they start to transfer material to the brake pads so its a mess.If I could go back I wouldn't buy them.
poop. Oh well. They were only 50 usd. Probably why I couldn’t find much on them. Not much to brag about. What are you running for brakes?

I sold the truck with them still on it. If I had to do it again I'd just use the rcr brakes. The biggest issue was not being able to just buy brake pads separately from losi because they made you buy them as a kit with new rotors and hardware. Atleast with rcr you can buy the copper pads separately. And if you use rcr copper pads you have to ream the holes on the pads to accommodate the thicker shoulder on the "slide" pins as the rcr brake kit was for the 5t v1 and v1.5 but never crossed over to the 2.0.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks