Mods for 26cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rory

Hi folks

I have a 26cc CY engine Im thinking about modifying, would a stuffed crank give this more capacity?

Ideally Id like to keep its high revving nature but give it a bit more grunt. Looking for best value mods really.

Also, a mate of mine rebuilt his 26cc engine and raised compression by fitting a thinner copper head gasket, it seems to have made his engine rev even higher than before and goes so well, would you guys recommend this?

tuned pipe is the biggest way to get more power. if you don't have a good tuned pipe, consider that to be the first thing. past that, yes a stuffed crank will make a difference. also, consider a ported top end, that will make a huge difference as well.

Hi rory have you got my engine yet bud? I would run it in standard then pop a good carb, filter and pipe one, then maybe if you wanted more a OBR head kit.

Hi Oliver, yep I got it thanks for that mate. Nice and shiny and new :) Just in time too as I need the clutch for my 29cc KM engine lol

tuned pipe is the biggest way to get more power. if you don't have a good tuned pipe, consider that to be the first thing. past that, yes a stuffed crank will make a difference. also, consider a ported top end, that will make a huge difference as well.

I use an Xcan at the moment as I like its compact tough design, and that its protected inside the roll cage. It has good low down and mid power but I know Im losing out a little bit on top end.

My mates pretty handy at engine building so he can stick in some ceramic bearings from Rage Rc, thinner copper head gasket and change the crank if I fancy that.

My KM 29cc still runs great to be fair so this 26cc is basically as a backup which Im thinking of slowly modifying :)

thats the thing, an x can isnt not a pipe at all, its a glorified muffler. the best way to understand why they don't work if to read up on how a tuned pipe works, then its easy to see how an x can doesn't increase power.

a good tuned pipe, as i said earlier, is the best way to increase power. many pipes can add 1hp + to a stock engine, its the single largest gain. you can put in stuffed cranks, ceramic bearings, port the head, raise compression, etc, and you wont see the gains of a good pipe.

Whats a good tuned pipe for all round performance but isnt too loud?

Most of the tuned pipes seem crazy loud ... my car came with an SS style one and it sounded horrible.

im guessing you have an hpi baja. im not the guy to recommend a pipe for that (im an onroad guy), however ive heard jetpro pipes are nice. from what ive seen and heard, dominator pipes are just stupidly loud. whatever you do get, look for a silenced version.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks