Motor mount and brake fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick Mars

Got some time to remake engine mount today.Just a piece of wrecked camaro subframe,cut ,drilled and slotedholes for taylor 50.Used a set of losi 5t 2.0 engine inserts on primal crossmember to fill area for fhsh screws primal used to mount original motor.This way can use regular shcs to bolt plate to crossmember.Used same to bolt plate to taylor engine.Had to trim about 1/4 inch off taylor mounts.The 50 is now supported by like primal stock engine.Sorry I am a mekchanix not a photographer..... Brake pads are steel traced from stock primal pad.Cut,drilled ground to mimic.That is a new set of primal pads.Zero wear,works great,stops very good.Drop of super glue to hold them on to primal pads

20230820_131334.jpg

20230820_131310.jpg

20230820_131220.jpg

20230820_131129.jpg

20230820_124244.jpg

20230820_124232.jpg

20230820_124203.jpg

Very cool Mick

It is interesting how you incorporated the original engine mount. Also, you resurfacing the original brake pads with a steel overlay is very creative.

You shared that you had to trim about 1/4” off the Taylor mounts, were you referencing the threaded bosses on the underside of the engine or ?

Appears to me that you are close to exercising your rig again.

Thank you for sharing your project.

Yes ,engine bosses would be correct term. I did slot the holes in plate where bosses mount.So i have eliminated the taylor bottom mount,still using upper L taylor mount.The spacing between primal bosses and taylor is different and would have to drill primal upper 4 link crossmember without plate.That would create a weak upper link.Plate is simple,works great.Yes ,exercised truck saturday,no breakage,but babying it.I have never wheelied or done dounuts,biggest jump is up a small grade. Might get a foot off ground for 3 foot distance and have never landed on power.I will send my losi off a ramp,15 feef high for 30 foot gap all day long,amazing beast.But each truck is different...

Hi Mick

Very interesting, I appreciate your clarifying your path.

At the moment it appears that you have created a long term solution to your engine mount issue. Fingers crossed tightly that after running it a bit more that it remains stable and you all smiles.

Thank you Mick

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks