motor not started in a long time?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra

how are ya guys

this is my first time on this site and my first 1/5th buggy
i bought a second hand hpi buggy with lots of mods including an
oneil racing monster man zenoaha 4 biolt with +3 stroker engine rod with a custom pipe.plus a spare complete motor and loads of spares for 500 bucks.so im cheering.:D

anyway the engine hasnt been started for a couple of years.
what steps should i take before i try to crank this over??

im fully aware that this motor could be toast but i have a spare anyway

i appreciated any advice fellas
thanks

I would give it a visual check of the fuel lines, tank and carb & put in a new spark plug. Make sure your batteries are charged (if the rx battery is old it may need replacing), mix your fuel, prime the carb and go for it, see what happens. You will be surprised how resilient these engines are! Maybe run it a tad rich on the carb settings for a tank just to make sure everything is ok.

I'd take carb off and strip it/clean it at least, prob squirt a small amount of wd40 down the plug hole and turn the over by hand so it gets some lube around cylinder before firing it up..

thanks for the reply guys

the guy i bought it off suggested i take the head off pour some oil down the crank shaft and brush all the piston rings with a fine brush then rpeat with prmium fuel.

does that make sense to anyone?

thanks for the reply guys

the guy i bought it off suggested i take the head off pour some oil down the crank shaft and brush all the piston rings with a fine brush then rpeat with prmium fuel.

does that make sense to anyone?

pointless taking the head off,as long as the piston ring has not become

gummed up:D a little light oil or 3in1 oil down the plug hole and a new plug as

suggested,turn the motor over by hand a few times...if it works ok then great

K....

pointless taking the head off,as long as the piston ring has not become

gummed up:D a little light oil or 3in1 oil down the plug hole and a new plug as

suggested,turn the motor over by hand a few times...if it works ok then great

K....

This will be your forte wont it Keith :lol::lol: sorry mate couldnt resist!!

how many weedwackers get put away for a while then fired right up next year...probably 99% , sitting for 6mths, 1 yr,2yrs, apart from gas going off, there is nothing else that goes bad from sitting...if there is any gas in it change it, put new premix in and off you go

how many weedwackers get put away for a while then fired right up next year...probably 99% , sitting for 6mths, 1 yr,2yrs, apart from gas going off, there is nothing else that goes bad from sitting...if there is any gas in it change it, put new premix in and off you go

+1.

Clean and maintain the airfilter (like you do before every run) and fuel her up and pull the cord.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks