Motorcycle chat thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polar_Bus

I'm also an avid 2 wheeled enthusist ! Been riding since I was 12, raced motocross from 1985 up to 2002. I've resored a total of 4 bikes. Here's a few pics of my "other" children :

my super clean OEM 1984 Kawasaki GPz1100:

My nut and bolt OEM restored 1987 Suzuki GSX-R 750:

My most recent nut and bolt resto, my 1973 Kawasaki H1 500 triple 2 stroke:

The vicious "MAN bike" , 2001 Kawi KX500 :

last is my babe magnet, 2006 HD Fatboy:

Sweet rides. I've never had street bikes. In our garage sits my wife's 2000 Yamaha TW200 and my 2000 XT350. We used to ride to work, but after so many people cutting us off and seeing other drivers crossing lanes while texting, I've become too scared to ride anymore. I have 3 more years before retiring, I might get back in the saddle then.

Sweet rides. I've never had street bikes. In our garage sits my wife's 2000 Yamaha TW200 and my 2000 XT350. We used to ride to work, but after so many people cutting us off and seeing other drivers crossing lanes while texting, I've become too scared to ride anymore. I have 3 more years before retiring, I might get back in the saddle then.

I feel your concern, i've almost met the reaper on a few occasions, and of course the most horrific was a clueless female on her cell and drove right through a stop sign and nearly cleaned me out, I avoid the highways, and drive highly defensive when in traffic. I've had many years of a good run of "no incidents". I hate to see people quit riding from fear, but I also respect ones' decisions to cease riding in an attempt to stay alive, it's brutal out there on the roads !

I had a 01 DRZ 400 duel sport loved it. Had a friend get run off the road about 3 blocks from his house. Almost died. Lee was in ICU unit for nearly a month. After countless surgeries and months of therapy hes was back to 90%. He was hit by some kid in his dads mustang showing off for his girl friend. Really woke me up to the dangers of the road. It wasnt long after that I sold my DRZ and never got on a bike again. And I can tell you the past 10 years I spent as an over the road diesel mechanic people keep getting worse and worse. It's a shame really.

I feel your concern, i've almost met the reaper on a few occasions, and of course the most horrific was a clueless female on her cell and drove right through a stop sign and nearly cleaned me out, I avoid the highways, and drive highly defensive when in traffic. I've had many years of a good run of "no incidents". I hate to see people quit riding from fear, but I also respect ones' decisions to cease riding in an attempt to stay alive, it's brutal out there on the roads !
Glad ur ok man! I hate and I mean HATE dumbasses on their phone while driving! Like, can you be anymore careless??

Gorgeous bikes Polar. I love ‘older’ stuff.

I’m a dirt guy mostly with the exception of my 07’ 450x I am turning into a supermoto. I have two 2006 Crf450x and one 2007 Crf450x which is currently all torn down to be freshened up and converted.

Gorgeous bikes Polar. I love ‘older’ stuff.

I’m a dirt guy mostly with the exception of my 07’ 450x I am turning into a supermoto. I have two 2006 Crf450x and one 2007 Crf450x which is currently all torn down to be freshened up and converted.

I had a 2001 WR250F that I converted for street legal . In NH it's not too difficult to legally convert a dirt bike to road legal. The issue was I kept getting pulled over in MA (I work in MA) so I just gave up. The WR was kind of a clam, underpowered , too soft suspended to MX , too harsh suspended and heavy for advanced technical trails. Never was happy with that bike, however blasting on road was a ton of fun ! My most recent MX bike was my 2008 YZ125 that I sold a few years ago , mostly did "pay to play" practice track days, but like most old guys (i'm 53) , I have a really bad hip and lower back issues that just are slowing me way down. Dirt is in my veins !

I had a 2001 WR250F that I converted for street legal . In NH it's not too difficult to legally convert a dirt bike to road legal. The issue was I kept getting pulled over in MA (I work in MA) so I just gave up. The WR was kind of a clam, underpowered , too soft suspended to MX , too harsh suspended and heavy for advanced technical trails. Never was happy with that bike, however blasting on road was a ton of fun ! My most recent MX bike was my 2008 YZ125 that I sold a few years ago , mostly did "pay to play" practice track days, but like most old guys (i'm 53) , I have a really bad hip and lower back issues that just are slowing me way down. Dirt is in my veins !

I’m hoping I will like the 07 when it’s done. Sadly it will be finished many months before I can ride it. Ah well, atleast it’s eye candy.

I had hip surgery two years ago and had lower disc issues before I broke my back. I really understand what it’s like to want to go experience the world and your body has you by the collar.

I would love to get another YZ or CR. Once I get a lot better at GTAW, I would like to try my hand at slapping a cr500 in a worthy platform. I think it would be awesome to have a supermoto powered by a 2 stroke monster.

motor bikes?...I got 4 atm.......p reg mk1 bandit 1200.
20180314_103315 by evssv, on Flickr
... p reg cbr1100xx blackbird
20160514_201034_zpstpycyhud by evssv, on Flickr
04 dl1000 v strom
20150118_154733_zpshicpziyv by evssv, on Flickr
and my 03 svs 1000
20180406_162711 by evssv, on Flickr
im a self employed motorbike courier so i eat sleep poop bikes...lol....the v strom got over 174000 miles on it:eek:....and the cbr has over 107000 on it now.:p:giggle:....bought the v strom with 21000 init.....and the cbr had 38999....so i do clock up the miles(y)....plus all the bikes inbetween this lot what have come n gone....xjr1200 .....yamaha thunder ace.....gsxr 1000 k3.....klr600....another mk1 bandit 12......yamaha xtz750 super tenere....zxr1200 eddie lawson rep....got pics of all tbem obv...abd I've only had my licence for the last 14 years.....these r the bikes I've had in this time....I've had bikes since i was 13-14......42 now...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks