My 5iveT v1.5 basher build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mounted the Hostile medium compound tarmac tires on today, with hostile zero growth red foams.
These were a super tight fit, the tips of my fingers hurt :LOL:
I hope they hook good on the street.

I previously had a set of Proline trenchers mounted on the same wheel & foams.
The trenchers had a super loose fit over these wheels....
they would balloon a little at full high speed runs on a stock 29 engine...

Last edited:
I mounted the Hostile medium compound tarmac tires on today, with hostile zero growth red foams.
These were a super tight fit, the tips of my fingers hurt :LOL:
I hope they hook good on the street.
View attachment 49650

I previously had a set of Proline trenchers mounted on these same wheel & foams.
The trenchers had a super loose fit over these wheels....
they would balloon a little at full high speed runs on a stock 29 engine...
She looking fresh ??

Took the 5iveT for a quick run today, I wanted to try out the new Hostile street tires. - I’m not overly thrilled with the grip, But they are certainly a lot better than what I had before for the road....

It ran great for maybe 5’min and BOOM it died.
It took me a good 15/20’min to realize I fouled a plug.
My shoulder was on fire from all the pulling :ROFLMAO:

Dropped a new plug and was back in business.

Looks sharp I like the rims what make are they

Thanx Fred, these are the wheels

http://www.davesmotors.com/Losi-5ive-T-2.0-Wheel-and-Beadlock-Set-Florescent-Yellow

Nice bit of kit??
What centre a brace are you using?
I.v also been wanting to put stiffer springs on my losing just can't decide what to go for?

This is the center diff mount

http://www.davesmotors.com/Modified-RC-Center-Diff-Mount-Set-for-Losi-5ive-CDM.html

And these are the springs, I got the heaviest weight for both front and rear in the chrome finish.

http://www.davesmotors.com/ddm-hd-shock-springs-for-losi-5ive-front-and-rear-3-tension-options-.html

I’m not sure how many of you have heard of CERAMIC COATINGS.... they are essentially like a permanent wax that can be applied to whateVer finish for protection.

I’ve been applying them on exotic vehicles from Lamborghini’s to small private jets for about 15yrs now.

Well
I ceramic coated my 5iveT with this stuff and I swear to you.
Very little and I mean very little dirt sticks to the 5iveT.

Mud, water, dirt you name it. It just beads right off.
For maintenance all it takes is a good spray from the air compressor and a rag to wipe here and there. Everything else blows off.

This one coating is actually really cheap, you can find them on amazon.

Generally you’re suppose to apply it and buff it off for a perfect finish.
But with The Rc’s. I just spray it on and let it dry, no buffing it off.

Attachments

• 56FEC319-6F4D-43D1-99CE-D1E88A745B4C.jpeg
    56FEC319-6F4D-43D1-99CE-D1E88A745B4C.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 22
I’m not sure how many of you have heard of CERAMIC COATINGS.... they are essentially like a permanent wax that can be applied to whateVer finish for protection.

I’ve been applying them on exotic vehicles from Lamborghini’s to small private jets for about 15yrs now.

Well
I ceramic coated my 5iveT with this stuff and I swear to you.
Very little and I mean very little dirt sticks to the 5iveT.

Mud, water, dirt you name it. It just beads right off.
For maintenance all it takes is a good spray from the air compressor and a rag to wipe here and there. Everything else blows off.

This one coating is actually really cheap, you can find them on amazon.

Generally you’re suppose to apply it and buff it off for a perfect finish.
But with The Rc’s. I just spray it on and let it dry, no buffing it off.
Well that's cool, add that to my list of stuff to do on my Baja lol

So far I’ve noticed something is grinding in the front differential, and the tune is way off....

And I found it for sell on a app called OfferUp, it’s a app where people sell stuff. I have gotten some amazing deals on it.
I love eBay back in the day you could some sweet deals on there. But now, it’s rare pickings lol.
They were asking $950 for it about 3 weeks ago.786581D3-A68B-4DFC-B49D-C94A84B64E86.png

I have been trying to find a deal like that for a long time to compete this team chase build lol

I think I paid you more just for some wheels a couple months ago, lol.

Gotta have these apps on the iPhone.
5mile, offer up, let go it’s a bunch more out there.
Having CASH is king, obviously.
And checking them often for the things you want is KEY. The real good deals are gone in minutes, be be warn. You will end up with a bunch of ishhh just because you got amzing deal on it :ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks