My 5iveT v1.5 basher build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prolly some play in the bearings. My dbxl did something similar to that. Ended up replacing the hub bearings.

Thanx for the advice @Seandonato73, It won’t hurt to change out the wheel bearings.
I have a kit on the way, it will be awesome if this fixes the issue.
(y)

—-Question ?

What do you guys do with the extra wire from the servos ??? Do you stuff it all in the RX box or zip tie it on the outside ?...

Last edited:
Today I installed the

-Bartalone body panels and full force windows and wheel wells.
I used the Full force wheel wells instead of the Bartalone. From the Bartalone kit I only used the side panels

I also installed both rear windows but had to take off the bottom window because it blocks my access to the body pins ....

Hopefully this helps keep the dirt down in the inside.

Here are some pics

9A76428B-CF74-4264-9B61-A5B255D85F0E.jpegC80453C2-F559-43AE-ADF1-B62704D7EB3C.jpegF5885F14-0000-49A8-920F-912BF9B00E99.jpeg543F2B0E-D980-44AF-ADC4-DA9D5D5488A0.jpegBCDA0E63-2860-441E-9E06-17B316F02216.jpegF53FDDB2-2D19-4519-A7DA-FD35DA1648E3.jpeg1EB97954-6C3E-4E8A-BE76-D437C9E08CBD.jpeg

So as far as I know the RX always sends power and ground out. It's the signal wire that tells everything what to do.
I agree,
Lights just use power/neutral there is no switching actuly going on inside the receiver, the third wire is the signal and that is whats switching or changing voltage

Took the 5iveT for a little bashing today and in the mist of it all.... the 5iveT flew into a canal :rolleyes:

It was sumerged in about 5ft of water for a good 15’minutes
I almost couldn’t find it.

What’s the damage ???
just the throttle servo broke

The Rx didn’t want to link with the remote, so I took it apart and dried it with my GF hair dryer, it’s working like a champ now :geek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I’m super happy my 5iveT survived
It’s a true warrior
E320C7B9-A930-48B8-8F77-84717A61A662.png

:eek:.....pics..:unsure:.or it didn't happen..........:ROFLMAO:
Hey what did you find out with you range issues. And is that salt water?

@evssv i posted a picture, I have a video of the 5iveT under water too. But I don’t know how to post videos here

Hey @bigdipperfred
No it’s lake water, no salt just super smelly
And
Nothing new on the range issue.
Today I was doing range tests, it consistently cut off at 300ft.... I know this because I walked it a total of 6 times :(

I have a new RX on the way, I’ll try it out when it arrives see if I notice a difference.

Question ;
Do you guys leave the antenna cable within the plastic tube ??

I’ve seen mixed reviews on this. Some due some don’t.

So far I’ve been leaving the antenna cable within the plastic tube.

But
Today after I put everything back together I left a small piece of the antenna cable OUT and wrapped it around the top with a little rubber cap...
I’ll update to see if this makes a difference with the range.

The only other thing that’s inside the RX box is the killer bee kill switch and cables from the servos.
I thought maybe this could be causing some type of interference with the range ???
Because
300ft from a Futaba 4pv is horrible range

Last edited:
cool....I musta missed it..;)....and yes....I leave the thin end jus inside the top of the tube to protect it...(y)....highly doubt u got interference from servo/kill switch tbh...
Kill switch will give interference, u need to add one of these
IMG_20190102_170801.jpgIMG_20190102_170744.jpg normally they do come with the kill switch, here's it on the kill switch wire
IMG_20190102_170818.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks