My 5iveT v1.5 basher build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Theres def something major amish I have a similar set up to you with my 3pv. Antenna just at the top of the tube with the rubber cap on. The dbxl has the killer bee in the box with the RX. I also use it in my savage with 0 issues.
The ferite tube should be as close to the rx as possible. The high tension leads on the ignition system can cause radio interference. Another possibility is a poor antenna connection on the TX from the factory. Futaba is great but F ups do happen.

Did you try testing it the transmitter with the engine off .I doubtful it is the killswitch mounted by the receiver my mtxl has it mounted in the reciever box my 5t is in the battery box lot cleaner installation and 5t box is tiny

Theres def something major amish I have a similar set up to you with my 3pv. Antenna just at the top of the tube with the rubber cap on. The dbxl has the killer bee in the box with the RX. I also use it in my savage with 0 issues.
The ferite tube should be as close to the rx as possible. The high tension leads on the ignition system can cause radio interference. Another possibility is a poor antenna connection on the TX from the factory. Futaba is great but F ups do happen.

@Seandonato73
I had the Ferite tube closest to the engine, I moved it to the RX side.
I’ll do a range test tomorrow and update on this....
And I really hope it’s not the Tx antenna....

Did you try testing it the transmitter with the engine off .I doubtful it is the killswitch mounted by the receiver my mtxl has it mounted in the reciever box my 5t is in the battery box lot cleaner installation and 5t box is tiny

@bigdipperfred
I haven’t tried it with the engine off, it’s hard to do that one by my self.
My range tests consist of, gunning it till it dies
:ROFLMAO:

Diff oil 100k front and rear something between 300 -500k center dif. Imo. I'm fairly sure the bearing are sealed but if they arnt some good lithium grease would work well. (Really any automotive wheel bearing grease should work well too)

You better flush the engine out. And get some lubrication in it.get it running as soon as you can. Don't take long before damage will occur

@bigdipperfred
There was no way I could sleep tonight if I didn’t fix it.

I had it up and running in under 2hrs....

I still have to change out some bearings and regrese others
And
rebuild the diffs just to be in the safe side.
Diff oil 100k front and rear something between 300 -500k center dif. Imo. I'm fairly sure the bearing are sealed but if they arnt some good lithium grease would work well. (Really any automotive wheel bearing grease should work well too)

@Seandonato73 thanx man!

Do you know if this is the right kit for the diffs?
And it’s the same kit for all 3 diffs???

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...MI1Mz_56TQ3wIVEZ-fCh0qIw5YEAQYASABEgId2PD_BwE

Last edited:
UPDATE**** on radio range Futaba 4PV

I placed the ferrite bead closest to the RX box

I also Wrapped a piece of the wire from the RX on top of the plastic tube with a rubber cap.

I want to say that range has improved drastically. I was able to drive it further then ever before, I didn’t measure distance but I could barely see it.

I want to say that moving the Ferrite cap and leaving a little piece of wire on top wrapped with rubber cap, Helped tremendously.

Thanx for all the advice fellas

So for the diff weight you guys are running
Silicio oil
100k front
300/500k center
100k rear
????

Back in the day I ran regular automotive wheel grease in my baja’s diff, never had a issue. Wondering if anyone does this on the 5iveT???

I use silicone. the weights are just my set up seems to work for me. I just bash though.

My 5iveT is a basher, no racing unless we’re off road with mud, rocks, jumps and in my case even water canals in the way :ROFLMAO:

I ordered the weights you recommend that same day. Waiting on that and the diff kits to arrive.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks