My 5iveT v1.5 basher build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one and this is by far the best motor I have run. The Bartolone motors might make slightly more power but definitely don't live as long as the OBR stuff. Call them and Dan will build you anything you want. Run it with a 990 carb and an Olimat pipe for the best performance you can get. I upgraded to the ceramic bearings as they should last a couple years just like the rest of the motor.

I have one and this is by far the best motor I have run. The Bartolone motors might make slightly more power but definitely don't live as long as the OBR stuff. Call them and Dan will build you anything you want. Run it with a 990 carb and an Olimat pipe for the best performance you can get. I upgraded to the ceramic bearings as they should last a couple years just like the rest of the motor.

How is the drive train holding up with this engine ??

I have a Bartalone racing tune exhaust that should work reallly good with this engine.

what’s the difference with the carbs ?? I was recommended the 990:unsure:

The Drive train needs some stuff beefed up like the outdrives but those need to be beefed up even with the stock motor. The rest is doing great with the extra power. The 990 carb has crisper throttle response than the 1107 but does not have a choke. If the temp is 55 or higher not really a need for a choke as long as you prime the motor like you should. I can get mine started with out a choke when it is 40 degrees outside.

The front guards showed up today. Just waiting on the rear guards ....
C2EA478F-8FCB-4ABA-9D92-7547CFBC7A31.jpeg
I waited 7 weeks for these to show up, but only the front set arrived.
So I reached out to the seller on eBay.

Turns out they only packaged the front, so they are sending me another complete set + the rears they missed the first time....

Which is pretty awesome, these bad boys cost about $80 for the front & rear.
12D0CB54-7C1E-4F90-B7FF-DD4E31DE7D3E.jpeg
Awesome customer service (y)

Last edited:
The front guards showed up today. Just waiting on the rear guards ....
View attachment 49363
I waited 7 weeks for these to show up, but only the front set arrived.
So I reached out to the seller on eBay.

Turns out they only packaged the front, so they are sending me another complete set + the rears they missed the first time....

Which is pretty awesome, these bad boys cost about $80 for the front & rear.
View attachment 49398
Awesome customer service (y)
they do look awesome....:love:....but not $80 awesome....:(

Awesome rig. How do you like that intake? I’m considering that one or the crazy Stu intake.

I like the build quality of the Turtle Racing air intake, it feels super sturdy like it will last forever..
I got the one for the HPI air filter, it’s been a perfect combination thus far.

Ive never tried the CrazyStu but it looks super cool too, like a more rugged look.

You can’t go wrong with either one :cool:(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks