my Baja 5sc ss RUN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen to it when he backs off the throttle. I was always told this is a lean condition. Guess time will tell.

hi 46u. this is my first GAS car.. i still haven't played with the carb yet. i read the manual and will do so this weekend. but i can always use the expert help..
thanks..

you should be running it rich for its first two tanks with 20min run times letting it fully cool in between runs after that its fully broken in then tune it to its maximum performance.....make sure you use a high quality 2 stroke oil

Troy

you should be running it rich for its first two tanks with 20min run times letting it fully cool in between runs after that its fully broken in then tune it to its maximum performance.....make sure you use a high quality 2 stroke oil

Troy

Thanks Troy.. did that, done. next week i will tweek the carb. hope i know what im doing. lol
but it runs hard and wow it just wants to go...

yes i did.. the same..

Good I feel better. :lol: Then all should be good as the factory setting are very rich but fine for breaking in. When I broke the motor I built with a OBR race ported 30.5 the factory settings where so rich I had to lean it out to keep it running and get it to pull off. :w00t:

Out of the box, my 5SC was set up lean. After a few slow runs up and down the street I was able to see that it needed more fuel. I made large changes (1/8 to 1/4) because I did not want the engine to run lean. When I was finished, I turned the screws out for the high side almost 1 turn and the low side was just over 3/4's of a turn. I think I would have had a problem if I did not do this. From a stand still and rolling the throttle I was able to feel the difference each time - for the better.

Good luck. :D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks