My Baja just got a roto start

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamitiro Fan

I had a chance to test out my roto start today and it worked great. It is made by Baja Skunkworks and look's very cool. The only bad thing about it is I had to buy a big drill to turn it:) 18 volt dewalt worked

uuuuuuuu005-1.jpg
[/IMG]

how uch is it? do you have a link? i don't mind the pull start but a roto start would be pretty cool. pus i already carry a small dewalt drill in my pit box. im thinking it came with the shank?

I had a chance to test out my roto start today and it worked great. It is made by Baja Skunkworks and look's very cool. The only bad thing about it is I had to buy a big drill to turn it:) 18 volt dewalt worked

uuuuuuuu005-1.jpg
[/IMG]
intresting , but unless u have back issues then i cant see the point . as u have to buy the roto start unit and then a drill ..... the old pull start works well enough for me .

intresting , but unless u have back issues then i cant see the point . as u have to buy the roto start unit and then a drill ..... the old pull start works well enough for me .

You need to open up you mind, this will heip out alot of people

Wait until you hurt your back or shoulder or just get old :)

Ive never seen this on a large scale looks like the nitro is creeping up again lol still a good idea would look to get one in the future the drill i have so do many of us but the price is a bit high would be sweet no more broken pulley's

Hey guy's

Here's a quote from the guy who invented it

"If you don't need it, don't buy it but I have had more interest from people with disabilities than I would have ever imagined" End Quote

We all know that these engine's start in a few pull's, but for me and many other's this
has made the hobby much more enjoyable. And you can't put a price on that
I hope this thread does not turn into who need's it or not, just wanted to pass on the info to all

No maybe if there was remote electric start, that would be cool.
the same guy that made this also made a proto type electric starter. its a shame the rig it was on got stolen
the point isnt that its needed, but i read the thread that is being refered to and its amazing how this would come in handy for those that really cant do with out it. there is one individual on another forum that lives for 5th scale, but is wheel chair bound. could never start his own rig.. could you imagine that? its heart braking. b. arnald made these for a specific reason.. if i had the money i would buy one just to support the couse.. ROCK ON!!

Hey guy's

Here's a quote from the guy who invented it

"If you don't need it, don't buy it but I have had more interest from people with disabilities than I would have ever imagined" End Quote

We all know that these engine's start in a few pull's, but for me and many other's this
has made the hobby much more enjoyable. And you can't put a price on that
I hope this thread does not turn into who need's it or not, just wanted to pass on the info to all

I think in the right application it COULD be very useful. But, if you have to lug around a drill with a battery, wouldn't that be harder than just pulling the rope? The main reason the rotostart was developed was for the people that didn't know how to properly tune a nitro carb. All of my nitro motors will start on the first or second pull, but there are countless people that cannot start their motors. I remember blisters and re-winding pullstarts.

At the beginning of my nitro days a rotostart would have been great, but now that I know how to tune a carb, the rotostart is not necessary.

I didn't mean to offend anyone with my opinion, I just know, one of the reasons I dumped my nitros is because of the slipping one-way..

Sorry to offend.

Last edited:
the same guy that made this also made a proto type electric starter. its a shame the rig it was on got stolen
the point isnt that its needed, but i read the thread that is being refered to and its amazing how this would come in handy for those that really cant do with out it. there is one individual on another forum that lives for 5th scale, but is wheel chair bound. could never start his own rig.. could you imagine that? its heart braking. b. arnald made these for a specific reason.. if i had the money i would buy one just to support the couse.. ROCK ON!!

Well I am not that guy, but I am also wheelchair bound but love this hobby so much. My wife has to start my truck's and now she's happy to use the roto start

DDM sells them, my friend has one on each RC. He loaned me one to try out. This way I can see which drill will work since I have a few. One application where you can't use it is racing. How do you expect a marshal to start it up again for you?

It a nice piece though!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks