My Blank Canvas- Any Ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RcFreak-uk

The Samba Exhaust has been removed and stock one is back on. As far I'm aware its totally stock, I already have a 2.4ghz system with fail safe waiting. I'm going to give it a good run before buying any parts. Looks a bit battered but picked it up for £160:lol: Personally think thanks a bargain although it is a Carson model (FG Replica) What do you think guys?

J

Attachments

• Fg Beetle 1.jpg
    Fg Beetle 1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Fg beetle2.jpg
    Fg beetle2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Fg beetle 3.jpg
    Fg beetle 3.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 43
Let's be honest.
It looks fine and £160 is a steal, not a bargain, if it's running well!!

Don't forget FAILSAFE is NOT the same as REMOTE KILL switch - you need both to bash around in relative safety on public land.

There aren't any enforced laws at present, but if you can prove - if necessary - that you can 'kill and stop' it within a safe distance, it'll quieten the doubters.

I've been moved on with HyperPete and Pablo, threatened with a possible ASBO.
Al.

Let's be honest.
It looks fine and £160 is a steal, not a bargain, if it's running well!!

Don't forget FAILSAFE is NOT the same as REMOTE KILL switch - you need both to bash around in relative safety on public land.

There aren't any enforced laws at present, but if you can prove - if necessary - that you can 'kill and stop' it within a safe distance, it'll quieten the doubters.

I've been moved on with HyperPete and Pablo, threatened with a possible ASBO.
Al.

It needs the shell repairing as it has a fair few cracks in it, and I'm jus gonna change the tyres :) may evn spray the wheels black. Everyone has said Get alloy engine mounts so I'm gonna order those on monday :)

How are:
Steering?
Brakes?
Radio gear - transmitter/receiver?
Safety - failsafe / remote kill switch?
Shocks?
Wheel squares?
Dog bones / ball drives?
Bearings?
Servos?
Wheels - wear inside where contacts with squares?
Engine / clutch?

Something to think about.
Al.

How are:
Steering?
Brakes?
Radio gear - transmitter/receiver?
Safety - failsafe / remote kill switch?
Shocks?
Wheel squares?
Dog bones / ball drives?
Bearings?
Servos?
Wheels - wear inside where contacts with squares?
Engine / clutch?

Something to think about.
Al.

Everything is actually in decent knick :D not perfect but actually ok :) How can i check for wear on the clutch? Performance wise its not bad :) also what bearing are important that I should check for wear quite often? Ordering a new HT lead too.
J

You seem to have a good feel for things mate.
Generally the basic clutches either weaken their springs - clutch bell won't spin freely with engine off.
Delaminate - lining starts to break off the shoe - clutch bell won't spin freely with the engine off.
Lining wears down normally - may start to engage at higher revs 'than usual.
Al.

You seem to have a good feel for things mate.
Generally the basic clutches either weaken their springs - clutch bell won't spin freely with engine off.
Delaminate - lining starts to break off the shoe - clutch bell won't spin freely with the engine off.
Lining wears down normally - may start to engage at higher revs 'than usual.
Al.

Just using experience from other things :)
Thanks for the advice, might be getting the shell fixed on Tuesday depending on how busy the body shop are :D Thanks again

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks