my engine wont start after years of storage..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badboy2

So its been years since i started working on my rcs. Weeks ago i cant get the killer bee going but i fixed that already so i see spark on the plug. But my engine wont start. After priming i didnt even have that feel of it that its gonna start. Any advice? These were running cars before they got stored.i got fresh gas and oil i was doing a 25:1 mixture. I reset the carb needles to factory.

as z said above mate, diaphrams etc, so get a carb rebuild kit, plus probably gummed up internally (the carb i mean) from old bad fuel in there,
at the very least the carn needs stripping or replacing if its been stood for years ,
plus check fuel lines for splits, gummed up filter on the tanks clunk as well,

Are the ebay carbs for $15 good? I know last time,years ago they were around $45?i bought the $15 im just gonna try it.i knew for that price it wont last long.

Are the ebay carbs for $15 good? I know last time,years ago they were around $45?i bought the $15 im just gonna try it.i knew for that price it wont last long.
Naw they are poop 90% of the time . Don't hold a tune at all and who knows how off the internals are. I'd rather spend the 50 bucks and not risk blowing my motor from a poopy carb lol.

Well you get what you pay for and ill go on a limb and say your first run will be your best and after that you'll see a steady decline in performance and an increase in aggravation

Your really better off rebuilding the carb. It takes 15min and really isn't all that complicated. You don't even need to change or remove all the parts the kit comes with, just need to replace the screen, gaskets and diaphram. That's all I do and just had 2 cars sitting for 5yrs with gas in them lol. One of the gas tanks I had to replace because the fuel basically turned into gooey paint thinner and ate thru the rubber gasket on tank.

Do what you want as it's your money and time but you've got an experienced bunch here telling ya the best routes to take.

Come on now Sean, you know nobody uses that search function. Besides all the older posts are convos from across the pond and they.... Dammit couldn't think of something good lol.
Thats all he does , look for people asking questions and copy and paste his same reply ????

Last edited:
Thats all he does , look for people asking questions and copy and paste his same reply ????
99% of the questions asked are the same thing, what's wrong with my engine, its normally a carb problem and 100% of the time the search function, or simply scrolling down through the forum categories and reading a bit will answer your questions. Tbh it gets old when the same question was asked 3 days before, and you decided bot to read the thread, because it's easier to just ask it again. So yes the cookie cutter answers apply, and I'll continue to complain about people not used the search function.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks