My ESP 34cc engine seized on first startup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Hello all,
I just finished my Kraken Vekta.5 build. I mixed my fuel, primed the bulb, and pulled the cord. I got the initial brappppp, so I opened the choke a little and pulled again. It fired up for about 5 seconds and stopped. I tried to pull again, but the cord won't budge. Has anyone else had an experience like this? I called Doug from ESP and he said I may need to mail it to him to troubleshoot....possibly a bur or dibrees on the piston. I'll look when I take the exhaust and carb off. Other than that, my knowledge is limited.

Curious did you buy the engine already assembled? I'd bet like mentioned something is binding the engine. If it's a mechanical faliure I'd be shocked. Doug assembles the esp engines and I cannot see him messing that up. I'm pretty friendly with him and I get stuff from him or from ddm often and I've yet to see any flaws coming from him.

Elevate the truck off the ground and try to pull the engine over, if the tires spin you have an issue within the clutch.

The truck was elevated when I did the initial startup. The wheels did not move. I can spin them and the bell spins freely. I will take the carb and exhaust off and take some pictures. I was on the phone with Dough for a bit and we double checked a few things. He sounds like a great guy and I am glad he stands behind his work.

Yea man doug is a great guy and does stand behind his stuff. That does suck and I hope it's something very dumb, I've yet to see or have my own engines lock up and I don't break them in. If you don't mind what oil and what ratio are you running?

Yea man doug is a great guy and does stand behind his stuff. That does suck and I hope it's something very dumb, I've yet to see or have my own engines lock up and I don't break them in. If you don't mind what oil and what ratio are you running?
HPI 2 stroke 25:1. I bought the motor new from DDM.

There was a bit of fuel on the exhaust side where the exhaust attaches. Is that normal for first startup? And just remember... this is my first engine, so my knowledge is bumpkis

That's the issue. Loosen the bolts that hold the coil, take a business card that's paper and put it between the coil and flywheel, adjust it with the magnets right under the coil. Keep pressure down against the coil when you tighten the bolts.

Also push those killswitch leads down more on the coil spade connectors, their about halfway down.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks