my King motor buggy won't start,what gives?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcunha81

i just came back from running my buggy,first half tank car started right up, everything was fine, so i shut the engine down to put more gas into the tank,and now it won't start,it sounds just like it should,when you try to pull start it, but it won't turn over and using the choke,to help give it that extra kick,doesn't seem to work either.The engine was warmed up already,so i think it should have just started up with 1 pull.but nothing.
please help.

mike

Being easy on you lol. The torch plug the kingmotors comes with isn't fit to run a wheelbarrow.

so, can i buy these spark plugs anywhere or are they special? BTW is that a over priced Baja 5B in your picture or is that King Motor as well?

mike

It's a kingmotor Baja. I used the money I saved from buying the real thing to upgrade it. That's how I know the factory plug is junk. The ngk plugs can be bought anywhere that carries ngk. But I have found that it is not a plug that is always in stock and they have to order some in.

It's a kingmotor Baja. I used the money I saved from buying the real thing to upgrade it. That's how I know the factory plug is junk. The ngk plugs can be bought anywhere that carries ngk. But I have found that it is not a plug that is always in stock and they have to order some in.

cool, i ended up getting the aluminum 2.0 version ,its about 90% aluminum,it a bit heavy ,but i bought it for the durability ,its on the site, its the Orange one for $700
great price,and i like the fact that there always free shipping.

i have 2 more questions for you, how long would you say the stock clutch usual lasts and what are the signs of it wearing out and the other would be how long do the brakes usual last , i've only done probably 8 tank fulls, i have noticed a major lack of acceleration and top end the last 2 runs .

thanks sry for all the questions,but the stock manual is pretty much useless

mike

WELL i just tested the spark plug and thats not the problem, the engine seems to be getting fuel,but still won't start,it seems that the choke isn't doing anything,whether its on or off,doesn't seem to be doing anything,also check the plug after we tried staring it,and the plug was dry as a bone. Not sure where to go from here.

mike

8 tanks on the km motor , that's 6 more tanks then I got out of mine lol. Have you serviced the air filter yet? Mine was dry and had no oil so dirt killed my motor. As for no fuel check the needle settings . Should be around 1 1/4 turns out on the h needle and 1 1/2 on the L needle. I would still replace the torch spark plug with a ngk one .

8 tanks on the km motor , that's 6 more tanks then I got out of mine lol. Have you serviced the air filter yet? Mine was dry and had no oil so dirt killed my motor. As for no fuel check the needle settings . Should be around 1 1/4 turns out on the h needle and 1 1/2 on the L needle. I would still replace the torch spark plug with a ngk one .

yeah ,my filter is pretty dirty too, but my engine is still moving,so thats not the problem.i'm a bit reluctant to move the needles around,if anything there clogged,any idea how to clean the jets? i'd like to try that before i buy a new carburator?

mike

Just count the turns on each needle as you turn them in. That will tell you where they are. Did you pull the filter right off the carb? It may have let dirt pass. Mine would still roll over but wouldn't start.

Just count the turns on each needle as you turn them in. That will tell you where they are. Did you pull the filter right off the carb? It may have let dirt pass. Mine would still roll over but wouldn't start.

i know the needles are set to stock, i changed the air filter, and the car started for less then a sec,then stalled, and i rechecked to see if the spark plug was dry still and it was. Do you think it would be a bad idea to put some gas directly into the engine through the spark plug hole,just to see if its the carb or not? i realy think the carbs clogged, i'm gonna check Youtube and see if there is any videos on how to clean the carb.

mike

Yea put a small slash of gas into the motor and see what happens. As for the carb if you have to pull that one replace it with a walbro 668 .

strange, never got an email that you replied back,anyway, i already ordered a carb from King motors, also can you tell me which spark plug you got? alot of them say for "small engine applications",that doesn't narrow it down,lol.
also not sure if it matters or not between 23cc and 30.5 cc in terms of the spark plug size, i'm guessing not.but i have the 30.5cc engine

mike

just go to a auto parts store with that no# and either pick it up or order it,the rovan brand just as cheap as km or any other one out there,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks