my new fg sportsline mclaren zen 23cc RP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harris

i started this below but i wanted to put it in the proper part of the form.

like i started below i bought this car off e bay the other day. and it showed up today. im really quite impressed with this little treasure. its a farley stock fg sportsline with front setup modified for a single lay down shock. it came with a new unran mclaren body on it. till tomorrow and yes its kind of pink in some areas. it has a older zen 23cc raceport motor.

when it showed up first thing i did was rip out the recever and add a nomadio recever to the car. lol yes i had parts waiting for the car to get here :). 2nd mod was a outerwhere from DDM. it has a k&n on it for a air filter that im going to change out for a stock baja air filter. after checking the servos and chargeing the battery, i added a little fuel and pulled the rope a few times and it fired right up.

i did get to take it for a little ride but it was almost dark and i was playing on the road. not a good combo. so ill have to wait to tomorrow to see what shes really going to do. here is a few new pics that we took.

DSCN2443.jpg

DSCN2453.jpg

there is my puppy she still loves me even if i did bring home another car.

here is a couple with out the top on

DSCN2439.jpg

DSCN2438.jpg
im going to make her screaming mean. if i have any motor problems im going to call my buddy doug aka (esp) and well get talking some rpms.

p.s. sorry guys im trying to resize the pics. they uploaded to photobucket and i have resized them. should be ok once photobucket updates the server. if not i ll redo them.

Last edited:
Hopeing for No Rain, Harris and I and his Bro Mysterious One are hopeing to get some ashphalt time tomorrow. i ll be running my berg, and MO will be running his baja. Hope for no rain for us!

hehe if u look real close there is 2 bajas hideing in them pitchers :). i think there nervous and waiting to pounce on the fg.

i have a set of alloy adjustable front axle mounts for that car if your interested in putting them on ?
i bought them with intentions of trying to use them on my Mutated monster leopard but wouldnt work with them on ..

Nifty inboard monoshock arrangement. I don't suppose you could manage a few closeup tight focus pictures of it for us? I don't know about anyone else, but I'm terribly curious about how it works.

instead of linking the pics and blowing the forum out of whack, i had pics put on photo bucket so you can get a very good look up close of the front mono shock setup. its pretty slick. atm its set up pretty firm as this car was only used on a track before i bought it.

follow this link to the high res pics
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/harris522/Front shock mod/

Click on any pic you want to see the pic at 68% of full size. clicking on the 68% pic will take you to an upclose and personal full size pic. really good resolution and most are very clear.

Thats a nice rig! Also saw it on ebay.

and yes its kind of pink in some areas

If I'm not mistaken didn't he say it was a new top that was only used as a display for the Brest Cancer Center? If so, no embarrassment there the chicks will love you!:cool2:

Yes a Cancer Bennifit, but never said Breast Cancer, but is all good. i ve lost my 2 sisters to Cancer, one to breast and one to pancreatic, so if any one balks about it, they ll need to deal with ME...lol i maybe small but just think of Nitro Glycerin! its small too!'

its really a nice looking shell, pinkish or not!

I'm with you Timmahh, Same family tree problems here....:(

I could have my wife wash the prefilter! Shes great at making red pink. Hope she don't see this I don't want to do the laundry.
Really though you could see if a light bleach or something will lighten it to match.:)

harris i have fg sportline two with 2 speed front brakes same pipe you got mine came with a g230 rc1 red cap motor these are real good motors from germany runs strong you will like it just find a nice flat parking lot that has fresh asphalt sweeeeet.

Attachments

• 9-12 067.jpg
    9-12 067.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 75
  • HPI Baja 5B 030.jpg
    HPI Baja 5B 030.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 78
ya i have managed to get it out a coulpe times so far. timmahh is helping me get it tuned in. were getting it running pretty good. i just need my softer tires to hurry up and get here. them tires i have on it are not doing the trick at all :). but ya so far so good. im impressed with the power the motor seems to make so far.

yea, its got the older G23 that has been said to be race ported. i believe it. its definatly not stock. between His Sportline and My Berg we should have some fun this summer/

Nice Body with the CF and torn paint! Sharp. ? for ya Beerman that track in lansing that you run the 1/4 scalers at. what the chane of some 1/5 scale racing going on? i know a few others in the stat that have onroads looking for a place to go run? Figured as your a Regular there, you would be in the know? any place you know that we can actaully get a class race going on with the 1/5 sclaers?

We re also looking at possibly a few F1s. any type of track would be killer. even if it was for outlaw races once a month.
T

Thanks for those. It's an interesting mechanism. It's got to be fiddly to work on though, all stuffed inside the front end like that. Yesno?
Again, thanks for the pictures.

instead of linking the pics and blowing the forum out of whack, i had pics put on photo bucket so you can get a very good look up close of the front mono shock setup. its pretty slick. atm its set up pretty firm as this car was only used on a track before i bought it.

follow this link to the high res pics
http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/harris522/Front shock mod/

Click on any pic you want to see the pic at 68% of full size. clicking on the 68% pic will take you to an upclose and personal full size pic. really good resolution and most are very clear.

yea i m sure it is. we have found out the front end is a combo of front end parts from around 90-96 FGs

.timmahh i left harris with pm there was 2 guys with 1/5 scalers that they let race at our club last year this is a oval but its pretty good size these to guys this year bought 1/4 cars if you have a couple of people they would let you race im sure i gave harris track email caution when you see them quarterscale cars go in person and sprint cars you might want to try them to warning keep money at home lol. if you have any questions let me know. there not that bad in price once you buy car you could race all year on the four tires you get with car but theres different compound of tires to play with when you get a little experienced and different sizes just like real race cars and springs shock oil all motors are stock zenohas black cap or new red cap g230rc. sportsman that i race you have to have specific carb and grand nationals and sprints can run bigger carb and lightened clutch shoes and springs. sportsman has to run stock shoes and stock clutch springs .all classes you cannot do nothing to motors no porting no pipes anything keeps everthing competative and close

Last edited:
Sweet, we seen it, so you know of anyone selling some 1/4s? we re re thinking the F1s as we can maybe grab some 1/4s and come race there on an actual track? looking at one on the bay, theres 3 on there now. 2 were built by a guy in NC. but the seller don't know who? any clues who in NC built 1/4 scales. he said the guy is very well known. the cars look to be in very good condition. one used one new. i may grab up on one and Harris and his Bro may grab the others.

lmk what you know. we are serious about it, we are only weeks away from the F1 purchase but................. 1/4 scalers would be fun on a actaul track condition.
T

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks