My Rcmk XCR-1000 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichieRacer

been in the process of building and running my Xcr-1000
so far I have installed Savox 0236 and 0235 for steering and throttle, Futaba Rx with temp sensor on the motor, didn't do the voltage sensor because there is one built in the r304sb. I don't know where to mount the RPM sensor I bought any ideas would help...

Also took off the RCMK light pods off the top of the body and front bumper and mounted the Losi 5ive pods. I ordered the Craftwerks Red covers and white leds from killer rc to mount inside (rcmk stockers didn't fit the leds and the single leds I bought where not bright enough for me) the body is going to be getting a color change also using automotive vinyl once I figure out a color to wrap it have samples on the way most likely going to be a red black and silver theme

Xcr 1000

Any progress on your Xcr? I have one on the way. Is the body color and graphics all inside paint or is any of it sticker or wrap like the 5ive? I'm curious because I'm not a fan of the stock look and wondering if I need to order some vinyl or experiment with paint removal.

Thanks Tony

Any progress on your Xcr? I have one on the way. Is the body color and graphics all inside paint or is any of it sticker or wrap like the 5ive? I'm curious because I'm not a fan of the stock look and wondering if I need to order some vinyl or experiment with paint removal.

Thanks Tony

the way you see it there is what's painted on the inside, ddm should be able to order clear body panels now but they $$$

Xcr 1000

Thanks for the reply. Yea, there is no way I'm paying $200 for a couple peices of lexan :) Do you think the Dbxl body will fit with some new holes? I have clear set lying around.

Thanks for the reply. Yea, there is no way I'm paying $200 for a couple peices of lexan :) Do you think the Dbxl body will fit with some new holes? I have clear set lying around.

rcmk body is a lot wider then the dbxl the panels wont fit. my friends painted the outside of their dbxl bodys they are holding up pretty good for the amount of abuse they go though

Xcr 1000

rcmk body is a lot wider then the dbxl the panels wont fit. my friends painted the outside of their dbxl bodys they are holding up pretty good for the amount of abuse they go though

My Xcr is arriving tomorrow:D I think I am going to try the brake fluid + heat and or 30% nitro fuel to strip the paint. If that doesn't work I will paint the outside or wrap it;) Do the wheels use standard 1/5 bead locks or are they more of a one off wheel like the Dbxl? I would like to match a body color with the bead locks.

Steering and Throttle servos

been in the process of building and running my Xcr-1000
so far I have installed Savox 236 and 235 for steering and throttle, Futaba Rx with temp sensor on the motor, didn't do the voltage sensor because there is one built in the r304sb. I don't know where to mount the RPM sensor I bought any ideas would help...

Also took off the RCMK light pods off the top of the body and front bumper and mounted the Losi 5ive pods. I ordered the Craftwerks Red covers and white leds from killer rc to mount inside (rcmk stockers didn't fit the leds and the single leds I bought where not bright enough for me) the body is going to be getting a color change also using automotive vinyl once I figure out a color to wrap it have samples on the way most likely going to be a red black and silver theme

Hey nice vehicle l see you have too of the large servos one for steering and the other for throttle is that required for this vehicle?:)

I'll have to find it, but I have a mount for the rpm sensor your talking about. If you want I can post a picture so you can make one yourself. Let me know

Glad I found some folks w/ an RCMK. I've been tinkerin w/ mine installin a OBR 34 stroker and settin everything else up to run. Goin to set it up for on-road to play in the street.

As far as I can tell the only other 1/5 that shares some of the same parts is the Baja which has been good when sourcing wheels, tires & some common hardware. Very few aftermarketers catering to RCMK. In fact I haven't seen anyone else besides DDM.

Did a lot of lookin around and forum readin before I decided on the XCR. Glad I don't have to source to much aftermarket bling & aluminum. I can't see many parts to question as far as their durability. I won't be beatin the car up so I shouldn't have a lot of issues. We'll see.

stock tires and wheels are really good, I haven't had any issues with them ran them on street most of the summer and still look new, my friends killed their stock dbxl tires. redoing my electric collection and going to start on the rcmk come may, mainly a new motor maybe body panels but I have all the rcmk upgrades already installed

Glad I found some folks w/ an RCMK. I've been tinkerin w/ mine installin a OBR 34 stroker and settin everything else up to run. Goin to set it up for on-road to play in the street.

As far as I can tell the only other 1/5 that shares some of the same parts is the Baja which has been good when sourcing wheels, tires & some common hardware. Very few aftermarketers catering to RCMK. In fact I haven't seen anyone else besides DDM.

Did a lot of lookin around and forum readin before I decided on the XCR. Glad I don't have to source to much aftermarket bling & aluminum. I can't see many parts to question as far as their durability. I won't be beatin the car up so I shouldn't have a lot of issues. We'll see.
Sir I have been trying to put bigger engine in my xcr can't get gears to lineup . I have same engine

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks