My Revo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlcurtis83

Hey guys and girls,

I have always had a thing for revos, they ooze quality and truly are a fantastic design compared to some of the other MTs out there, so easy to work and the spares/hopups are aplenty.

Anyway when I got it, it was a roller and stayed like this for a long time, and I thought about selling it on but I didn't, instead I prowled and scoured ebay and forums and eventually won a picco .26 engine for it on the bay. It was described as spares/repair due to a leaking bearing, anyway the engine arrived I set to stripping it down cleaning/inspecting then I sealed it, mounted it and test fired it, everything worked the engine was fine seemed it was leaking from the back plate as the bearing has not leaked since.

Anyway I soon got bored of the picco in there and decided on something else, turned out I had a Dynamite Platinum .28 engine in my box, test fitted it didn't go so I bought the new era mount for it and got it mounted, have to say it's put a smile on my face since this engine has been in there, wheelies aplenty, powerslides and drifts.

Here's a few pics of it with the picco in...
100_0592.jpg
100_0595.jpg
100_1059.jpg
100_1090.jpg

And with the Dynamite...
100_1173.jpg
100_1171.jpg
100_1170.jpg

Looking like a proper MT with 5t rims
P1000006.jpg
P1000011.jpg

Specs

De-anodised the chassis and bulk head braces and pipe
MIP center cvds
Lunsford titanium turnbuckles
Traxxas push 7075 push rods
Hong Nor 053 tuned pipe
Dynamite Platinum .28 engine
FOC conversion
Integy flywheel & alloy clutch shoes
New Era big block engine mount
Integy racing tuning shock springs (chrome fronts, blue rear)
Shock socks
Twin Towerpro steering servo combo
Hi-tec 5645MG T/B servo
Traxxas wheelie bar
Wing mount kit and white Traxxas wing
Red alloy fuel cap
Proline 23mm hex adapters
Proline 5t trenchers tires on proline 6 split rims
Proline bowties on Weld Racing beadlock rims
Proline bowties on Proline yellow dishes

I plan on getting some RPM arms for the front and the true track kit eventually but as yet I haven't broken any of the Traxxas plastics.

It does look good but it doesn't drive too well unfortunately...in a straight lines it's fine but as soon you want to turn grip roll takes over.

I ran it the other day and all I can say is breakages!!

This is how it came back
P1000042.jpg

Minus 3 wheels popped ball joints, broken axle pins and axles.
P1000041.jpg
P1000036.jpg

Cost me all but £10 to repair...now why can't largescale be that cheap?

i used to have a revo and loved it,they aint like any other nitro mt, but as for cheap 80quid for a standard 3.3 traxxas motor that will last months ,and the gear box problems the reverse gear on mine lasted minutes,oh and the fuel thats more exspensive than jack daniels, give me a 5th scale any day, love yea truck tho,,

No footage of it with the 5t rims on as it broke before we got the camcorder out.

I have some of it somewhere when the engine was getting run in, will try and find it and stick it on. Failing that will get some this weekend.

Well didn't find any footage of it, so I decided to take it out instead and get some :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks