My rhino 4 does not center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
guys I agree but in reality this is not happening, the rods are exactly the same length and I checked with caliper, the servo was on when I mounted the horn, I tryed 2 horns (the cicular and the + shaped thing) both are 1 tooth off, either right or left.

So, I will open the servo and see.

yeah but using the round horn, I think I need to have the pairs which are have the same distance from the center otherwise I might have more travel one way that the other ?

it is not a matter of looks Trip, I am thinking 50+ trim is not normal, that's all. So one side has more travel than the other. Don't worry am not that perfectionist

If it's off by 50, there has to be a setting incorrectly setup in the controller before you put the horn on... mine is off by a tooth, like any other Fg owner, and my trim is on -5...

make sure the control settings are all zero, then turn off the receiver switch and push the horn on... If it's still way off, then you have a problem with the servo....

Yeah I am pretty sure they are zero's, that stuff was the first thing when I noticed the horn issue.

I am pretty sure it is a servo problem.

Problem solved. I ordered 2 servo horns from hobbythek, one is FG servo horn for multiplex and the other is Rhino horn from multiplex themselves, FG one, still off center like the ones came in the box, Rhino horn, centered, no trimming required.

I have an old ammo case with seperators full of servo horns from over the years. you always get exras. I just don't toss them away. a nice organized container with different brands helps. test a few out and find one. the coarse splines can be out one tooth but be way out. I understand anal about these things. building helis setup was crucial to get the angles perfect and setup the heli mechanically first, not in the radio. I wanted to be able to take off and hover without using the trims. land and adjust linkages.

I'm still confused, and have to agree with an earlier comment of Trip's.
I don't understand that if the servo horn was removed, servos set at '0', and then the horns replaced at nearest fit, why the correction required goes to 50+.
If the problem's sorted, that's fine, but ....

Al.

the funny thing, is that I got a hitec for my HPI baja, the same model 5805, in the earlier one, it fits at the center no problem, now that I got the new one, it does not fit at center (same horn). I had to use the ones it came in the box which needs mods to fit in HPI baja.

BTW, why my radio has to operated in Reverese mode sometimes ? in my HPI, steering has to be reveresed to steer in the right direction, what cause this ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks