My Second Mod to My New 5ive T 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motman243

I remember oogling at 1/5 scale gas cars decades ago, well today is the day. I thought it was incredibly silly for the exhaust to vent straight into the interior. First mod was a kill switch, this is my second mod... It's a flexible water line with the ends cut off. I just hope it works as well as it fits!

I think the next mod will be a turtle intake... This thing is fun to work on, it's like a mini car!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 33
That stock exhaust and that water line is doing you no favors and leaving a TON of performance and zip on the table. Nice for being thrifty but your skills leave too much on the table.
Honestly, I'm just here to have fun. I'm not looking for the biggest fastest car. My primary hobby is large scale airplanes, currently building a 1/3 scale x-cub with an electric start gas twin cylinder.

I grew up riding go-peds as a young teen, I'm fully aware of the reduced performance this pipe will give. I just don't want to get the inside of my car so dirty right away. I may upgrade to a silenced pipe in the future, but I thought it was cool how well it fit. I'm more interested in semi-scale driving anyways. :)

Welcome to the forum

Ps...there are great pipe options out there. Start at ddmracing.com
Ahah! Yes, I spent many long nights as a teen researching goped engines. I'm familiar. I'm just here to have fun. :) Those silenced pipes do look pretty cool though.
It wasn't a jab at you but ok
Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as defensive! Just explaining my shanangianary. :) But thank you, I think I did pretty well for $10.

I installed a 3 inch rubber hose on the muffler of my stock 5t 2.0 and ran it out the bottom of the body. The car was choking down low and wasn't running correct at all. It can also damage the motor.

I highly suggest you take that off and buy a silent pipe if you want something quiet.

I installed a 3 inch rubber hose on the muffler of my stock 5t 2.0 and ran it out the bottom of the body. The car was choking down low and wasn't running correct at all. It can also damage the motor.

I highly suggest you take that off and buy a silent pipe if you want something quiet.
Certainly crossed my mind. I am hoping the fact the diameter opens up beyond the stock pipe will save me with the back pressure issues. If it's an issue I will take it off right away

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks