My Slightly Upgraded Rovan Baja 305A 5b Buggy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harold Bascom

The body-shell came all black. I spray painted the nacelle (the front), wing plates, as well as the bottom of the rear bit, silver grey. That gave it a clean, yet simply outstanding touch.

I improved the steering by replacing the stock mechanism with a push-pull system. Works great!

I installed a metal back bumper to protect that tuned pipe. Thing was, the bumper wouldn't fit around the pipe, so I subjected it to hammer blows; bending both sides of the bumper out. So, don't go around looking for a rear bumper that looks like it.

I also extended the width of the rear by 1 inch by installing axle extenders.

As for the nasty sound that emanated from the stock tuned pipe? I fixed with the rovan silencer. How I installed it, however, may be of interest: I used a large screwdriver and widened the connecting end of the silencer (the end with a pair of notches.) I then jammed it tightly over the end of the pipe. I next took heat resistant aluminum tape and wrapped the join to ensure no exhaust gases escaped at that joint. I then shortened the provided blue silicone tubing, slit it longitudinally, slipped it over the join with the aluminum tape, and clamped it down. Works beautifully!

Before I go, let me add that I replaced the stock carb with the wt 813 carburetor, and man does it make this baby scoot! I'm told it's the BEST carb for speed runs and drag racing.
photo_editor_ds_1568482981627.jpgphoto_editor_ds_1573314289828.jpg20191109_103726.jpgphoto_editor_ds_1573314209342.pngphoto_editor_ds_1573314172846.jpg20191109_103657.jpg

PEACE!

Looking great ,I see that you had put your rear wing all the way down ,I did on mine ,I took those stupid riser out an
it makes it look kooler ,any way ,but ,if it flips ,it may scratch my new TR shock brace!..Yours looks great ,nice clean look!....(y)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks